IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 154: 5/29/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum Training session 18/24. Lifted weights yesterday and felt a little tight during swings tonight. Middle of the road session as far as speed. Hope to improve on Friday.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 11 - Played 18 simulated holes. Working on the same stuff.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Day 47:

30 balls this evening.

Started with 7-iron and hit 5 balls, full swing, moderate speed, focusing on still head. I think I have been overdoing a hip feel from my priority piece, so I simply stopped trying to feel that thing. Contact was good, 2/5 balls were a touch fat.

Next did some short game work. Really focusing on good contact with short game shots. I don't have much time to practice short game at an actual practice facility, but I figure if I can make good contact, that will lead to some improvement. Did 10 balls with more of a chipping motion, but more of a 80% chip / 20% pitch shot. Then 10 balls of full pitch shots.

Finally finished with 5 more balls with 7-iron, same as the first 5.

Might do some indoor putting later, not sure.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 574, May 30, 2024

18 holes. The front nine was a worst ball scramble from the white tees. We didn't use a lot of my shots, so that's good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 12 - Think I slept on my left arm or something last night, it's been hurting all day. No club, but worked on setup, grip and some short, slow swings with a tube.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Day 27:  Still nursing my shoulder so more putting practice.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 77. Technique work into the net. Pretty tired from a long day at the Canadian open so not my best movement. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 29 (30 May 24) - Played weekly play the best drive nine hole scramble with my friends.  Was a fun round working as I put the old MacGregor irons and Penna persimmons in play.  Love the extra level of concentration required to make good contact with the clubs.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 155: 5/30/24

Indoor putting and chipping practice. Made some slow motion swings checking ball position.

Day 48:

Same thing as yesterday, except did 20 balls each chipping and pitching, and finished with 10 full swing 7-irons.

-Peter

Day 13 - Some easy, shorter swings hitting on a net. Working on the backswing, arms and hands.

Day 78. Played 18. Hit a couple good shots but overall was not happy with how I was playing. Narrow course and my ballstriking just wasn’t good enough. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 156: 5/31/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum Training Session 19/24. Lifted weights last night and tight today. Tied for 15th highest with low energy. Playing tomorrow and may need to club up!

Day 30 (31 May 24) - played 18 in the men’s Friday session. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 575, May 31, 2024

Played about five holes without a distraction today, and about 13 while my mind was elsewhere and on the taps on my wrist and the messages I was sharing with @Hardspoon and… just generally being annoyed about what was happening.

But I played pretty well for the five holes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 49:

50 balls, split between pitching and chipping, still focused on good contact. A few minutes of full swing rehearsal indoors. 

-Peter