IGNORED

Punta Cana, DC golf

MikeyP55
Note: This thread is 2286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be going to Punta Cana for a few days in late May and early June and would like to have any insight/opinions of the courses that will be close to our target resort location. They are:

Iberostar Golf Course
Punta Blanca Golf Club
Cana Bay Golf Resort

I've golfed in Mexico at a resort last year so I know what items to bring but I'm looking for insight into off-season rates (May-Oct), club rentals, any discounts on tee times if staying at corresponding resort (Iberostar) and personal experience at any of them. 

Any insight is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Cana Bay is related to the Hard Rock Resort - if you stay at HR and have resort credits, you pay a service charge of $40. I brought my clubs because rental is $50/day for some Cobra Clubs. Balls cost a lot so bring your own. If you run out, the security guards on the course will sell you what they found for about a $1 per ball.

I just returned from the HR and Cana Bay was in good condition but the greens were furry. They had intermittent rain for several nights so I did not think they'd mow. Course is as long or short as you want it to be. Fairways are generally fairly open - only the wild ones will go OB. It's a Jack Nicklaus course, so the design is a tad nutty on a few greens. I played the 6750 tees in soggy conditions and long approaches were challenging. But the white tees are more reasonable, and they have red markers if you want to drive a few greens. They have some challenging par 3's and some of the par 4, you've got to fade to avoid water. They have a good range but no targets but do have a short game and putting areas.

We took a day trip to visit my client's friends and played Teeth of the Dog. 8/18 holes on the ocean. Pretty and challenging.

70-85F weather; I did not want to leave...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I golfed Punta Espada on my honeymoon back in June. Course was amazing and I dont have anything negative to say. Here is a thread with some pictures and more thoughts about the experience. It was pricey but worth every penny IMO.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Teeth of the Dog - Somewhere on the Back 9. Go left young man, then right over to the flag out by the rocks

IMG_0856.jpg.95ddee86278ac9e90dd12d3849ca676c.jpg

Cana Bay Pics -- Number 8 Par 3 - 200-215 of fun - I just put it in fairway and was hoping for a par, at least a 4; No. 10 Par 3 - 185 yd thrill - better keep it right over the rocks.

IMG_0786.jpg.baf40ab713ca2139eedd6226e54e40b3.jpgIMG_0787.jpg.616b07f9eeddb684f75135b71345a2ae.jpg

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 2286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!