IGNORED

Hitting the Driver Thin

dbuck
Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don’t ground the driver. I find I am consistently striking low on the face. Is the simple answer to tee the ball a bit higher?

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Hitting the Driver Thin
  • Administrator

Try it and see? How high do you tee the driver now?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, dbuck said:

I find I am consistently striking low on the face

Check ball position, could be your setup position may be back a tad too much.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Try it and see? How high do you tee the driver now?

I should have been more specific. (also probably shouldn't post from my ipad)

I have been trying to tee the ball so that approximately half the ball is above the crown when the driver is grounded. I am hovering the driver more than just above the ground, though, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

In this particular instance, I hit 5 balls. 1 was a bad strike/bad swing. The other four started in the general direction I was aiming, in the air. Sufficient to clear the conventional foundation single story house I was aiming at about 50 yards in front of me (it was my late grandmother's house, currently unoccupied and used for storage) still climbing. The last ball I did tee a little higher and hit closer to center, with obviously higher launch.

The four decently hit balls were reasonably centered (for a 14) between toe and heel. The low hits were in the lower third of the face, the centered one was pretty much in the center.

I have been observing similar strikes, hence experimentation with tee height. I have bought some of those tees with the band painted on to make tee height more consistent as I am experimenting.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• Administrator

You might be hitting up a bit too much, or… a variety of things.

Time for a Member Swing topic of your own, @dbuck?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

You might be hitting up a bit too much, or… a variety of things.

Time for a Member Swing topic of your own, @dbuck?

Maybe so.

Don

In the bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like ball is to far forward in your stance,If you play it beyond your lead foot then tee it higher.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!