IGNORED

GolfLogix putting maps

Note: This thread is 2170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/prnewswire/press_releases/Arizona/2018/01/23/NY95380

"On approach, easy-to-read diagrams illustrate the contours and flows of the entire green, helping players with their club selection and ball placement strategy so that players know which part of the green to hit to. Moreover, with every putt, players can see precise closeup views of the breaks between the ball and cup -- subtle changes in elevation and green direction that are often undetectable to the naked eye."

Great, now my playing partners can check the slope of the green to decide how to funnel their ball to the hole..:doh:...99% of people are not good enough to have this be helpful, just slow them down.  Seems like this tech offer the same info as the ones the pros use that are likely to be outlawed? 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

It is.

Also, I wonder how accurate they're going to be. They aren't exactly going to be out there laser mapping all the putting greens out there, so… how are they going to get those maps?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

From GolfWRX:

BA: Your mapping process: This is all going to locations, boots-on-the-ground stuff?

PC: Yep. No satellites. Satellites are generally plus or minus two yards, and that doesn’t work on the putting greens. We have 3D scans at every course, accurate to about three centimeters

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

From GolfWRX:

Yeah, I call bullshit there, unless they've simply not gotten around to mapping the courses - any of them - anywhere near me.

I wonder how many courses they claim to have green maps for.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think this will be interested once it's possible to do this will satellites.   given the rapid state of tech advancements, i'd guess that;s not too far off.  

heck, i'd imagine that once this this exists, the app you're looking at will probably show you the exact line to make the putt.   then we'll really be on interesting ground as far as the rules of golf are concerned.  

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, lastings said:

I think this will be interested once it's possible to do this will satellites.   given the rapid state of tech advancements, i'd guess that;s not too far off.

I think the precision needed to do this from satellites is a ways off.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have found the approach option of the Golflogix app helpful. I play a lot of courses that are new to me. In Florida, as in many places, many courses have undulating hard and very fast greens. I haven't decided if the putt break option helps or not, but the approach option is very helpful. Most courses do not tell you enough about each green in their yardage books. The approach option in Golflogix is the only thing I have seen that helps. You see sharp drops offs and the general slope of these undulating greens. You get a much better idea of where a good miss might be. There is a lot that you cannot see from 150 yards out.

Note: This thread is 2170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!