IGNORED

Your best shot?

Backspin
Note: This thread is 5957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is your best golf shot?

Mine is this one-
I was down by a shot going into a finishing par 5 against a longtime, friendly nemesis. We had ALOT of bragging rights with this round, as it was the last round of the year before winter set in. The winner had months to remind the loser of the match.

On this par 5, my second shot hit just right of the green, bouncing off of a mound and rolling down into the tree-line.
My playing partner's third shot ended up on the fringe, front of the green.

He's lying 3, myself 2...in the trees. It looks like trouble for me.

Now, from where I am I can see only the top of the flagstick (About 30 feet away). The green is severely sloped back to front, the pin is tucked and I have only enough room for a 1/2 swing.
If I go at the pin, I have to hole it or it's going off the green (due to the slope)...IF I can get it there to begin with.

So I aim well right, hoping to land it about 2 feet on, check and trickle down to the cup. Impossible. I have no room to swing and it's a deadpan lie.

I open the face quite a bit, aim right and swing the best I can. The ball leaves the face PERFECTLY. It lands about 2 feet on the green (so I am told, I can't see it from where I am)...it checks up and trickles...and trickles...

I run up to the green and watch it trickle...into the cup.

I scream like a school girl.

I'm in for an eagle, which I needed, as my partner holed his fringe putt for a birdie. We ended in a tie...but I still bragged all winter long, anyhow.

That's my best shot, what's yours?

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

Id say It was the first hole Par 5 514 yards. I had a bad drive of about 220 yards. I hit another bad wood and got myself within about 150 yards in the rough. I hit an 8 iron perfectly which sticks 2 feet within the cup and I tap in for birdie...

thats basically the only one i can remember, besides a few par 3 tee shots landing inches from a hole in one. I've had a couple of those.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I hit my second shot into a par 5 with a 3 wood with a slight fade around a tree, it was a good shot for me because my normal ball flight is a slight draw.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i was 99 yards out, hit a low gap wedge into the green, lands just short and rolls in the cup, helped me get into a playoff in the pub links, too bad I didn't win the playoff :(
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Going down 19th hole against a local man at a regional qualifier for the Junior Cup (5 man team, handicap 5+) - we're 2-2 and i've just lost the 18th to a par. It's a course i know well but the 1st hole has a big tree at 240. It's 460 long so a good drive is required. Dogleg right - but if you can go over the tree with a cut you're in perfect position. about 40 people from my club and 200 from the home club are gathered round the 1st tee.

Other fella hits a decent drive down the left of the tree - nothing amazing but not in trouble. His caddie says "great shot" - to me rather than to him - and i laugh to myself. I know he has a 6 iron left. I hit a drive and don't even watch it - it's a 10 yard cut straight over the tree, down the right side of the fairway.

Best shot - under the pressure. Flew 320 in the air. Downwind & adrenelin filled!

The 18th was mine to lose and i lost it. I wasn't going to let the 19th get away too. Won it with a regulation par.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Mine was one day when i was playing in a scramble. It was me (i am a girl) and these two guys, playing against a foursome of 3 guys and a girl.

We came up to the ninth hole, and figured that we would need to birdie the hole in order to win the scramble.

The two guys that i was playing with teed off and both hit bad shots. The pressure was on me! Somehow i hit a perfect drive, within 100 yards of the pin.

Then, on the second shot, both of my teammates hit the ball on the green, but definitely not close to the pin. I hit my second shot, and it almost went in the hole for an eagle.

We ended up birdie-ing the hole, and it turned out we didn't need to in order to win... but i was just excited that i kicked ass under that type of competitive pressure.

a bad day on the golf course is always better than a good day at work."

http://www.golfenthusiastic.com

Second shot into a par 5 out of the right rough. I hit a 13* wood 262 onto the front edge of the green and made eagle (it was probably a flyler but dont ruin my confidence)

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

• Administrator
My next one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i hit my drive on a par 4, and it started slicing. bounces off the cart path a bunch of times and into knee high weeds. i only have 100 yards (like i said, multiple bounces off the path) and i need to actually get enough force on the ball out of the weeds, i hit an 8 iron. it barely makes it over the greenside bunker, rolls past the hole, halfway up the tier on the green, and moonwalks back down and LIPS OUT! i missed the 3 footer for 3!

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Pitching in from 80 yards for eagle. I must be pretty rare. I got an eagle before I had my first birdie. I hear you saying fluke..but no, just pure talent.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I have three that I always bring-up when my friend and I play together (as he ws there to witness them)...

#3 - I hit the pin on a 115y par 3... it didn't drop in, but it was a proud moment.

#2 - I chipped in for birdie on a par 4 that crosses a lake. I had to lay-up before the water, hit a horrible shot about 15y from the green, and chipped-in for my first (and still only) time.

#1 - We were on a par 4 and my drive had sliced and sent my ball bouncing behind a line of trees. When I found my ball I was about 130y out from the pin and about 10y behind a tree. I choked-down on a 4-iron and drew the ball perfectly around the tree and landed on the fat part of the green about 50' from the hole. I wound-up 3-putting for a bogey, but that had to be my best shot to-date.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Par 3 about 145. ACE!!!!!!

Tupelo, eh? Ever make your way up to Memphis? We should play

Ball about a foot above my feet. 185 (ish) yards out on my third into a par5. Select a five iron and elect to cut it a little, to make sure I clear the bunker protecting the flag. Pulled it off exactly as was in my minds eye, same ball flight and everything. Two putt for par. Bread and butter for better players, maybe, but it sticks out in my mind anyway.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

My next one.

Good Answer.

My best shot ever didn't have as happy an ending as it could have. Par 3, 143 yds, very narrow two tiered green. The pin was tucked in the far right hand corner on the top tier and there was a pretty stiff right to left breeze. I hit a nice little cut 7 iron that held against the breeze and tracked right on the stick the entire way. It flew in the cup on the fly but sadly popped back out. I had a tap in for birdie which was a letdown. That may have been the most purely I've ever struck a ball in my life. I saw the shot in my mind, executed it and it flew exactly as I envisioned it. The group waiting on the next tee watched the whole thing said they'd never seen anything like it before. The best shot I ever hit that actually went in the hole was when I was in college. I used to play with a friend and both he and I were the #1 player on our high school teams. We were evenly matched and had a lot of great match play games, we almost always played for a 12 pack of beer -- which to a college student was better than money. One match we came to the par 4 18th all square. He was a better driver than me but I was better from 150 yds. in and had a better short game. As usual, we both put our drives in the middle of the fairway but he outdrove me by probably 25 yds. I had around 150 to the pin and he was looking at a wedge in. I was more than a little worried as I really didn't have the money to buy the beer so the pressure was on. I pulled my 7 iron (favorite club) and hit an absolutely perfect shot. It landed about 6 ft. in front of the pin, hopped twice and gently rolled into the middle of the cup. That was probably the best eagle I've ever made and it came with the pressure on. My buddy just looked at me and shook his head.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Would love to sometime. Where do you play up there normally.

Pine Hills is a nice retreat

Hole-In-One on a 155 yard par 3 several years back. I hit an 8 iron, it was downwind, ball went right at it, one hop and in. 2 witnesses, certified Ace. Left me smilin' for days!
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!