IGNORED

Cleveland HB Launcher Irons

Note: This thread is 2144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

New clubs are very easy to hit, near as I can tell they have added a good ten yards. Long irons, (4, 5, 6) have always given me trouble but not with the Cleveland's, hit them straight and long, added a lot of confidence. Still getting use to the new length, over shot greens a couple of times, (not by much), need to club down but that will come with use.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now played a number if rounds with the clubs and I am getting use to them. They hit very smoothly and given the progressive nature of the hybrid design it is easy to transition from say a 7 iron to a 4 iron, (which I couldn't do before because I would have to go from a cavity backed iron to a hybrid. I couldn't hit anything stronger then a 6 iron).

Distances are consistent and I'm getting them dialed in, (although the weather has been off and on cold so that has presented a problem). I'm scheduled to play this coming Tuesday and temps are forecasted to be in the 70s, this versus playing in the 40s and low 50s, ball should react much different.

BTW, I do like the Kirkland 4 piece ball, getting that dialed in as well. So bottom-line I'm feeling good about the clubs and the ball and expect to only get better as the season progresses.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, cooke119 said:

Will do, I'm also hitting the Costco Kirkland four piece ball so new clubs, new ball, should be interesting.

Any thoughts on these clubs? Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

@cooke119It's been some time since you've posted about these clubs. How do you feel a few months later? I'm getting fitted on Thursday and I'm going to focus on the CBX and HB clubs as I think they'll be perfect for me.

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

You're right I have played the Cleveland HB clubs for a while now, I have them dialed in, I really like them mainly because I like hitting hybrids which these are. They have helped my game, I hit them straight, fewer thins and fats, good out of the rough. The head size gives me confidence that I can reach the green. I had always had trouble hitting long irons but with these clubs (4 through gap wedge, which call a "D" wedge) I hit them all with no problems, even the 4. Get fitted, try them out and see how you feel with them. I know some people don't like the look but that doesn't bother me. Good luck and let me know what you think.

I went for a sizing today and hit the CBX better than the HB, go figure. I'm getting 5-9 + GW in graphite (I hit it the best, what can I say) with a +2 degree lie. I'll figure out my driver and hybrids later but I'll be off to a flying start in a few weeks when they come in.

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

3 hours ago, vonbonds said:

I went for a sizing today and hit the CBX better than the HB, go figure. I'm getting 5-9 + GW in graphite (I hit it the best, what can I say) with a +2 degree lie. I'll figure out my driver and hybrids later but I'll be off to a flying start in a few weeks when they come in.

Best of luck with the new clubs.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, vonbonds said:

Have you gotten the new clubs and if so how are they working out for you, interested to hear?

8 hours ago, cooke119 said:

Have you gotten the new clubs and if so how are they working out for you, interested to hear?

My irons come in at the end of next week. I’m waiting on 54 and 58 degree wedges too. I purchased today a 9 degree driver, 3W, 3H and a 35” blade putter with an oversized grip that felt great. Debating getting the 4 and 5 hybrid as that overlaps with my irons so I’ll wait for now. 

21 hours ago, vonbonds said:

My irons come in at the end of next week. I’m waiting on 54 and 58 degree wedges too. I purchased today a 9 degree driver, 3W, 3H and a 35” blade putter with an oversized grip that felt great. Debating getting the 4 and 5 hybrid as that overlaps with my irons so I’ll wait for now. 

Wow, sounds like you went for the whole nine yards, best of luck and keep us informed as to how it goes. I found that it took me a few round to dial my new irons in. I'm playing with the Costco Kirkland ball (four piece) now, not sure I like it, feel like I am not getting the distance I should. Going to go back to my Chrome Soft for a round or two and see what happens.

11 hours ago, cooke119 said:

Wow, sounds like you went for the whole nine yards, best of luck and keep us informed as to how it goes. I found that it took me a few round to dial my new irons in. I'm playing with the Costco Kirkland ball (four piece) now, not sure I like it, feel like I am not getting the distance I should. Going to go back to my Chrome Soft for a round or two and see what happens.

I haven’t tried them yet due to the awful weather pattern we’ve been in but I bought Srixon Q balls based on recommendations here. Hopefully they work out for me. 

Note: This thread is 2144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!