IGNORED

Golf Games for Kids

Maddmaxx63
Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok Fellow Golfers,  I got some grand kids ages 1-8.  The two oldest play in cali with my daughter and her husband at the navel base in Port Hunami.  I have a 4 year old that I bought the little pink barbie Iron, driver and putter.  Had her putting into a bucket on its side but that lost interest really fast, Getting warmer her so could be outside soon and would like to try to build her interest and keep it fun.  any Ideas for keeping a 4 year olds attention for more than 5 minutes or am I doing good with that..lol.  Thought Or Ideas?

I won't be much help, but I'd say a more forgiving target (frisbee or something with a larger margin of error) with little reward/prize system may help. Having said that, she's 4yo. 

I'm sure you'll get some helpful ideas from some of the guys. I know @iacas's daughter is older now, but as a teaching pro, he may know of some little games good for kids (assuming some of his adult students occasionally ask for a little help for their kids)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Keeping a 4 year old attentive to anything golf related sounds like a tough job. 

My Grand Daughters showed interest at around 6 years of age. I'd take them, one at a time, with me in the cart, sometimes letting them steer the cart. That was fun deal for them, and was some what golf related. 

Other times, I would take them to the practice green, and let them putt. We'd have little competitions putting. Loser had to buy lunch. I putted very poorly during those matches for some reason. Probably the pressure of giving them 2 strokes per hole. 

Sometimes we would play "horse" with the loser of a hole receiving a letter. To win a hole, they just needed get close. As they became older, they would have to hole out.

At 11 & 12 now, they still like golf, but all their friends are into other sports. Right now it's basketball. That takes up a lot of their time, and puts golf on their back burner.  

Of the two, the 11 year old has the most interest in the game. That said said, hitting a 30 yard pitch to with in 1 foot, does not compete well with draining a 3 pointer from the top of the key. 

Mostly though, the biggest draw to golf for them, is just " hanging with G Pa" when I am out playing. I'd like to see one, or both become more serious about the game, but it's not something their parents, or I would push them into. It will be their choice. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!