inghamspur

Golf tour competition spreadsheet

4 posts / 1106 viewsLast Reply

Hi there. New to the forum so not sure if this has already been out there. Going away for a 3 day golf break soon and I am the 'Keeper of the spreadsheet'. The spreadsheet we use at the moment is one that I devised but still involves too much manual input and prove to human error. Therefore, was wondering whether there was something ready made out there. 12 of us in the group and we normally have singles, pairs & team comps. If not, then I'll hone my spreadsheet skills!!

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

4 hours ago, inghamspur said:

but still involves too much manual input

Welcome to TST. I can throw a few ideas with spreadsheets which I have created.
Send me a PM to discuss the games which you guys play and payouts.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/7/2018 at 5:08 PM, Club Rat said:

Welcome to TST. I can throw a few ideas with spreadsheets which I have created.
Send me a PM to discuss the games which you guys play and payouts.

Hi I run a competition each week where up to 120 players play in the season. Each week we play an individual stableford where the top 5/6 players win. As a result the winners are peanalised  shots for a number of weeks (first 4, second 3...) in addition the shots penalty depends on handicap category so Div 1 = 1 shot thru to Div 4 4 shots.

The penalty remains until the player has played for the required number of weeks. If the player misses a week the penalty moves on.

I manually input the scores each week which takes about an hour. I am looking for ways to automate the input of scores and then calculate the penalties. Can you help?

I attach the spreadsheet,   

Tuesday Swidle.xlsx