IGNORED

Question about my scores (new player)?

B_easy20
Note: This thread is 2141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay guys and gals so my question is, is it good that I shoot in the 90s when I've only played 12 full rounds of golf? And that's been throughout the last 10 years of my life from when I started playing.

Simple answer is that shooting in the 90's with that level of experience is not bad.  Depending on which data you read, that is better than average.

Complicated answer is what do you mean by "90's" There is a lot of difference in 91 and 99. If you consistently shoot 91 your handicap will come out around 16 whereas shooting 99 will be closer to the 25 you have listed, depending on the course you play.

How did you keep score? If you hit OB of the tee, did you re-tee and count that ball as laying 3? Did you putt every ball out? I am not being critical; we all did that starting out-mulligan off the tee, redo in the fairway, gimmee in the leather. In a casual game with friends that I am not posting for handicap, not a big deal to me, I do it myself. Golf should be fun.

If you really want to know how good you are, play the ball down and by the rules, sign up for a handicap and post your real scores.

• Like 1

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@dbuck Was spot on with his response.

As a n00b it is tough to break 100... so how you answer his questions should help you out with your question.

Keep at it, practice and play often and enjoy this great game.

I hate when my BIL takes 5 mulligans, plays his 2nd shot 3 times and then thinks he beat me.

Be honest with yourself because it will bit you in the a$$ when playing in a tourney or for $$$.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

• iacas changed the title to Question about my scores (new player)?

I would say the OP is a head of the curve.

For a golfer to decide to grab their sticks, and go shoot a 90 something score, after a very long break (year?) Is pretty good I would think. It also shows some natural ability to swing a club. 

What's the average score for an amateur?

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

You didn't mention it, but I presume your round was 18 holes? :-D  If that's your accurate scoring range (observing all the rules) then you are definitely playing better than average for someone who has only played about one round per year.  There are many, many players who have played lots of golf for many years that struggle to be a bogey golfer. 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Note: This thread is 2141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!