IGNORED

Help with ball selection

Note: This thread is 2132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, I’m a beginner. I’ve played 9 holes with an instructor, and I played a 9 hole course last weekend twice by myself. I use Callaway SuperSoft balls. I found a orange Bridgestone e6, so I used it at the next tee, and WOW!!! The ball traveled straight where I wanted it to go. I like the SuperSoft, but it has a lot of spin and slices badly to the right after about 75-100 yards and ends up in the trees. I like the orange color, but I also want the latest in equipment. The e6 now comes in soft and speed, both are supposed to fly like the e6. Do any of you have any recommendations on a new ball that flies straight like the e6 or the e6 speed, or e6 soft and that comes in the color orange?

Does it have to be orange or are other colors, like Optic Yellow, okay?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can hit a super soft straight, slice it and draw it.....not always on command. It’s the swing the ball has little to do with it. Don’t get too hung up on this ball and that ball and you don’t need to be spending 45 buck a dozen for top shelf balls either. Your new, keep playing, get some consistency in your swing and hit whatever you find and/or moderately priced balls. 

I understand that, but I have OCD and if my head gets stuck in something, I’ll go crazy if I don’t get it. And yes, I want orange. Sorry for sounding like a pain the rear everyone. 

45 minutes ago, LarryEdwards said:

I understand that, but I have OCD and if my head gets stuck in something, I’ll go crazy if I don’t get it. And yes, I want orange. Sorry for sounding like a pain the rear everyone. 

Not a problem at all;  I had an answer that fit every criteria except that one and I understand that it's important to you.  Having a ball you like is an important part of golf.  If I think of one in orange, I will let you know.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

16 hours ago, LarryEdwards said:

Ok, I’m a beginner. I’ve played 9 holes with an instructor, and I played a 9 hole course last weekend twice by myself. I use Callaway SuperSoft balls. I found a orange Bridgestone e6, so I used it at the next tee, and WOW!!! The ball traveled straight where I wanted it to go. I like the SuperSoft, but it has a lot of spin and slices badly to the right after about 75-100 yards and ends up in the trees. I like the orange color, but I also want the latest in equipment. The e6 now comes in soft and speed, both are supposed to fly like the e6. Do any of you have any recommendations on a new ball that flies straight like the e6 or the e6 speed, or e6 soft and that comes in the color orange?

Titleist Velocity has a cool orange with some sparkle in it. It's a firm and straight ball with some decent feel to it. I suspect this is very close to the E6.

The E6 soft gets good reviews. But, it only comes in yellow and white. 

On the lower end of cost, Wilson Duo Optix, Maxfli Softfli and Wilson 50 elite come in orange. The Optix and Softfli have some very cool colors, like green, blue, yellow, matte white and orange as I mentioned.

I use the e6 (orange as I have not the greatest sight). So far so good.  I get good reliable shots (provided I do not mis-set up and mis-hit).

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

55 minutes ago, DrMJG said:

I use the e6 (orange as I have not the greatest sight). So far so good.  I get good reliable shots (provided I do not mis-set up and mis-hit).

Yeah, when I found the e6 on the course, I tried it out at the next tee. I was amazed how straight it went. 

Hey @LarryEdwards -- I was in a golf shop today and saw these and thought of you.  Another option to look into.  I hope this helps.  The bin in the middle is orange and I think in the hue you were describing. 

20180616_093451.jpg

-- Michael | My swing! 

31 minutes ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

Larry, What ball did you go with?

Lol, I actually bought a dozen of e6 soft and a dozen of TP5X, plus I found 8 Pro V1. The e6 seem to go a little straighter, but the TP5X and Pro V1 beat it in distance. I think I’m gonna stick to Pro V1 though. I know, none of them are orange lol. 

Note: This thread is 2132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!