IGNORED

2018 U.S. Senior Women's Open

MrGolfguy67
Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

History is being made at Chicago Golf Club right now as the inaugural US Senior Women's Open is being played this week. I can't believe this tournament didn't have its foundation in the 80's sometime at least. Looking at the leaderboard is like a time warp of all the familiar names of the LPGA Tour from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Many of these ladies are well past their prime but are undoubtedly honored to be taking part anyway; like the great JoAnne Carner at 79 years old. Its a shame this event wasn't around in the 80's & 90's so that more of these ladies could have played in it with a chance to be much more competitive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2018 U.S. Senior Women's Open

Yeah it’s nice to see the old familiar names. Just a shame it’s just not a source of much revenue. Hell the LPGA struggles to get big crowds so the Senior ladies have their work cut out for them. At least they’re getting this event done. I went to high school with Judy Rankin’s son.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Right now in round 2 Trish Johnson leads at -4, followed by Laura Davies at -3, and Liselotte Neumann at -1

Don't you shank no more 

Trish Johnson & Laura Davies now tied for the lead at -4, Juli Inkster in 3rd at -1

Don't you shank no more 

• Administrator

The only interest I’d have in viewing this tournament is to see the course. Not the older women.

I do agree that for women the “senior” tour should start at 40 or maybe 45.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Laura Davies stretching the lead a bit. Thru the front 9 of round 3 Davies is at -6 while Johnson has fallen back to -3 in 2nd.

Don't you shank no more 

Davies is running away from the field today, she's 6 under on the day and -10 overall. She's got a 6 shot cushion on 2nd (Inkster -4), Johnson is +1 on the day and 3rd at -3

Don't you shank no more 

3 rounds in the books, here's the top 4 headed to Sunday:

Laura Davies  (-11), Juli Inkster  (-6), Trish Johnson  (-4), Danielle Ammaccapane  (-2)

Don't you shank no more 

Sunday turned out to be a walk in the park for Laura Davies as she shot 5 under to post a total of -16 and a ten shot victory. Juli Inkster finished 2nd (-6) and Trish Johnson 3rd (-4).

Don't you shank no more 

41 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Sunday turned out to be a walk in the park for Laura Davies as she shot 5 under to post a total of -16 and a ten shot victory. Juli Inkster finished 2nd (-6) and Trish Johnson 3rd (-4).

Damn...well a blow out 10 shot lead and the women’s seniors..doesn’t make for great TV. I didn’t watch was the course made too easy? Do you think they underestimated the ladie’s abilities?

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Damn...well a blow out 10 shot lead and the women’s seniors..doesn’t make for great TV. I didn’t watch was the course made too easy? Do you think they underestimated the ladie’s abilities?

I'm going to watch because… Chicago Golf Club.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Highland said:

Yeah, wouldn't that be a fun one to play?

Indeed. I like Raynor courses quite a bit… CBM/Raynor, whatever. I'm watching the last 30 minutes of the final round now in fact.

Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!