IGNORED

My Swing (Timo GD)

Timo GD
Note: This thread is 1080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bob Mac said:

I'd say that's the reason for the slice.

I disagree that:

• his shoulders are as open as you believe.
  • the swing follows the shoulders.

I disagree less with the second thing. He's trained himself to swing left by aiming so far right (or vice versa), so now he's got a big left-moving swing.

Proper camera angles and a face-on view would help.

To the first point…

01.jpg

That's not very open. A little. Not much. I'd love to see the right elbow be softer, which will close up the shoulders a touch.

But really, some high-speed ("slow motion") video from the right angles is really needed here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, I already hate but also love this sport.

Went to the range today and started with this:

Sockets for days..I was either slicing it to the right big time or hitting a socket. Not even a single straight one. Then I started to turn my hip more on the takeaway and after about 50 shots I got some of the best shots I ever had on the range (this one landed right next to the red flag ~ 155meters / 177yards with a 6 iron)

By rotating my hips more at the takeaway I felt like the club went more behind my back allowing me to come from the inside more. Instantly went on the course, played fast 5 holes due to the darkness and finished with 4 pars and one boogie (damn this one-footer putt). For me, thats insanely good since I'm only a 18 Handicapper. I know that my impact is far from perfect, my hip is at 0° at impact instead of around 30°. I will work on this the next weeks!

Any thoughts from you guys?
Thanks so much!

• 2 years later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 4.5
My typical ball flight is: big fade / slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Hey,

I have a "my swing" threat on tst right after I started but it's now too old to update so I created a new one.

Really interested in what you guys think. I'm working alot on my swing therefore I'm happy for every single tip especially if it straightens my ball flight.

Thanks!

Videos: 

3 hours ago, Timo GD said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 4.5
My typical ball flight is: big fade / slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Hey,

I have a "my swing" threat on tst right after I started but it's now too old to update so I created a new one.

Really interested in what you guys think. I'm working alot on my swing therefore I'm happy for every single tip especially if it straightens my ball flight.

Thanks!

Videos: 

You may benefit from shortening your backswing a bit. It’s ok to a point then your right and left arms collapse. Check the thread out below. There is a video drill on page 3 that is helpful too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (Timo GD)
  • Administrator

You'll have an easier time shortening the backswing by not extending so much and tilting toward the target.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:27 PM, iacas said:

You'll have an easier time shortening the backswing by not extending so much and tilting toward the target.

I took that advice to the range and after some fat shots and got it to work with really good strikes. Thanks @iacas!

I also worked for hours on shallowing the shaft which is still very unnatural but on video it looks okay to me.

Note: This thread is 1080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!