IGNORED

If a tree falls in the forest...

cireyamel
Note: This thread is 6841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have you had an ace that no one could confirm because there were no witnesses?

Happened to me a few years ago. I was playing speed golf on a big course and I had my (only) hole-in-one. But there was no one there to see it. I was playing by myself and it was a tucked away par-3, so I couldn't even wave at anyone and have them be the witness.

So I get in the clubhouse and say I aced such-and-such a hole. They said, "Where's your witness."

My first thought was, "My word is my witness."

About 8 years ago I had an ace on a 230 yard par 3 with a driver while playing by myself. I've only played by myself about 8 or 10 times, and it figures an ace came with no witnesses. It was my second ace (I've had a third since) and I didn't care whether anyone believed me or not because I know its legit. I didn't bother telling them in the clubhouse since I had no witness.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Administrator
About 8 years ago I had an ace on a 230 yard par 3 with a driver while playing by myself. I've only played by myself about 8 or 10 times, and it figures an ace came with no witnesses. It was my second ace (I've had a third since) and I didn't care whether anyone believed me or not because I know its legit. I didn't bother telling them in the clubhouse since I had no witness.

Plus, then you'd have to buy the drinks.

I've never had a hole-in-one. I think there's an older thread on here about the None-in-One Club. I'm a member.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've got something worse than all of you. My last hole in one came in a member-guest. $200 for entry fees and what do you think I won?

$25 gift certificate for closest to the pin. They had a trip on one of the par threes, but not that one.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
I've got something worse than all of you. My last hole in one came in a member-guest. $200 for entry fees and what do you think I won?

Good thing you only won the $25, Dave, or you may not be able to play in the U.S. Amateur!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 6841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!