IGNORED

Any 8802 experts here?

Note: This thread is 2071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just acquired a Wilson 8802 putter in outstanding condition. I know it’s not a 1964, because the face is too big, but I think it’s still an older model. I was wondering if anyone here could help me hone in on the approximate year it was produced.

The words are roll stamped, and Wilson is in red, however the face is quarter sized, rather than nickel sized. Unfortunately the shaft appears to have been cut down a bit and the grip has been replaced. I’ve got some other Wilson putters on the way that do have original grips, and I think I might swap one of those back onto this guy, because it’s gorgeous.

Some pics below to aid in identification.

6143E3B6-4B24-40CD-ACDD-4AD1E52F7670.jpeg

57B5D186-D949-4D53-9CA1-C9D679460AC5.jpeg

431B51C3-7EF3-4C4F-9727-DA6321C43AD0.jpeg

(edited)
7 hours ago, Adam C said:

Does it have the shaft band still? That could help.

It does, but it’s pretty worn. No colors or triangles visible. Just Head Speed.

Also, the first step on the shaft is at 8 3/16” if that helps at all. Club is 34” total

2211C08E-3FCE-4123-9BA6-87F8ABE7AB01.jpeg

Edited by FrivolouslyWasted
Added pic

Note: This thread is 2071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!