IGNORED

My Swing (Wurris)

Wurris
Note: This thread is 2065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 years since I started again, 4-5 years when I was a kid.
My current handicap index or average score is: Scoring around 85
My typical ball flight is: With driver: Very high ball flight generally, with a fade (Slice with worse hits as could be expected). With long irons: Straight to draw with a snappy hook as bad miss.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: My driver slice (and also the high ball flight as 2nd prio)

Videos: 

Sorry, can't embed the video I currently have:

https://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/wUUao1Lu#

1 hour ago, Wurris said:

Sorry, can't embed the video I currently have

You have to upload it to YouTube or vimeo and then embed the link.

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, I spent some time at the range today while also taking the chance to record some more videos. See below for both driver and 7 iron swings both from down the line and from the front, in normal speed and slow mo. Hopefully the angles are ok, my bag works as my camera stand.

I was practicing my hip turn in the back swing mainly today, which previously has been almost non-existent for me (you can check my hudl link in my first post for an example). Was a bit awkward and maybe exaggerated(?) so at least my feeling was that my ball striking was suffering because of it.

Felt like I hit my irons higher than usual, and my driver just as super high as I usually do.

Videos (hopefully better now for my second try):

• Administrator

I don't see a big left path… so are the balls that slice starting to the right? Are they curving much?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't see a big left path… so are the balls that slice starting to the right? Are they curving much?

Yeah, it is true that these swings might not reflect my normal miss. During this specific session I was hitting them kind of straight actually, so might be "bad" examples so to speak. This also happens from time to time on the course too - I feel like I have a large inconsistency here and I think it is due to my face control. Feel like it depends on my form that day. Also seen this in trackman some times, where the path is fine but I have a quite open face at impact resulting in my slice. Usually the curve of my slices are not huge, no, and starts maybe slightly right in the average case. Would that make sense if it is connected to the face control only?

As a comment to my inconsistency I also had 2 straight weeks some month ago where I was continuously draw/hooking all the long clubs including the driver out of the blue.

Another thing I would really like to work on is to reduce my scooping a bit. I add a lot of loft to my driver shots, and also partly to my irons (also seen in trackman), but I am a bit unsure where to start here.

Note: This thread is 2065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!