IGNORED

Help with driver!!!

Berty42
Note: This thread is 2009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys. Earlier this year I tore my calf and was in a walking boot for 6 weeks. Ever I’ve come back, I’ve had a nasty slice. Before I was working the ball both ways with ease. I have had a couple golf buddies it looks like my hands just release late. I can. Hit a draw and fade with everything but my driver. It’s getting frustrating. I’ve tried an in to out path for a draw but  it just seems to be a push slice. It may be hard with no video. But does anyone have some ideas?

• Administrator

If it’s a push slice, your face is open (right) at impact.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Berty42 said:

Which I would assume is from the late release? Any ideas on a drill to try?

You really should post a video. Feel ain't real, and I'd rather not take the word of your golf buddies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, Berty42 said:

Which I would assume is from the late release? Any ideas on a drill to try?

Start a My Swing thread in the Members Swings section. It is easy and folks will help.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 months later...

Check you ball position. You may have it too far back.  I was hitting on the range last week with  friend of mine and was hitting push slices with my driver.  My friend, who is a good golfer, who pointed out that my ball position with my driver seemed to be in the middle of my stance. I moved the ball  just inside my left heel and Voila! all of a sudden  I was hitting it straight with authority, and also found it easier to get over to my left side. Could  be a simple fix.

Edited by 308 Ragin Cajun

I'm no swing coach or anything. But in lieu of a video, which would be the best option. Anytime my driver is having issues the first thing I do is to check to see if I'm hitting it anywhere near center of the club face. I find that if I'm hooking a lot, I tend to be hitting a lot of shots out on the toe. If I'm hitting slices, especially push slices I find I'm hitting everything off the heel. 

If your driver is consistent, but not good. Get a dry erase marker and put a dot on the ball before you strike it. Put the dot right where your driver will contact the ball. It will leave a transfer mark on your driver and let you know exactly where you're striking the ball. (Some guys like foot spray. I prefer dry erase marker. It rubs off easy and doesn't get all gummy, to each his own.) Anyway, it may surprise you. Unless you can put up a video, I'd always start with where on the clubface I'm striking the ball. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 2009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!