IGNORED

My Swing (Bobby2Swings)

Bobby2Swings
Note: This thread is 2027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: A few months
My current handicap index or average score is: 95-105
My typical ball flight is: Fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: With irons I want to be able to make solid contact leaving a divot after the ball... consistently.

Videos: 

Edited by Bobby2Swings
Video was not embedded

On your DTL iron shot you can see you’re bending down too much. Your downswing is over the top. Stand a bit more upright and raise your handle. You should have the handle pretty much running through a belt buckle area. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, Vinsk said:

On your DTL iron shot you can see you’re bending down too much. Your downswing is over the top. Stand a bit more upright and raise your handle. You should have the handle pretty much running through a belt buckle area. 

Thanks for calling that out. Some of that may be due to my clubs being too short. Im going to lengthen them this weekend. That being said, Ill try focusing on good posture more. 

After reviewing the videos myself a second time a few things stand out to me in the face on iron perspective.

1. Instead of a hip slide, I have a whole upper body slide. My head actually stays fairly static in the early part of the swing but shifts forward passed to ball when I shift weight to my front foot. I've read that you need to stay behind the ball. Is the "steady head" key something that is supposed to be maintained throughout the whole swing? How does that work in conjunction with the weight shift and hip slide?

2. At address the ball is a little behind center. It FELT like it was an inch ahead of center or perhaps I lost track of it. I'll have to keep an eye on this...

Note: This thread is 2027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!