IGNORED

Is a Lower Body Swing Key Essential

Note: This thread is 1971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

Agreed, we've all made that effortless swing and the ball is flushed. But, when we intend to make an effortless swing, it's usually a weak shot. Why is the game so puzzling? I believe there should be an intended lower body move. But, it is still hard to execute.

Its comforting to hear others struggle with this as i didn’t know anyone else did!

That’s spot on, when not swinging well then try swing easier my usual 155 yard 7i drops to around 145!

I believe a lower body key is absolutely essential. I know I get all out of whack when I do otherwise. But, there are some guys who will tell you different. 

My buddy's boss played college golf for Ohio State, so he's no slouch! Yet, he will tell you that he starts his downswing with his shoulders. But, if you watch him, his downswing unwinds from the ground up like so many other good golfers. But his shoulders are his "feel". 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I believe a lower body key is absolutely essential. I know I get all out of whack when I do otherwise. But, there are some guys who will tell you different. 

My buddy's boss played college golf for Ohio State, so he's no slouch! Yet, he will tell you that he starts his downswing with his shoulders. But, if you watch him, his downswing unwinds from the ground up like so many other good golfers. But his shoulders are his "feel". 

Many claim this ‘upper body (arms) begins the downswing. Even Mike Bender gets it wrong. He states in his book that it’s the ARMS that start the downswing. I don’t know if he’s being too technical in that the lower body in good golfers often starts to move just before the backswing even finishes thus not really ‘the downswing’. But that’s just giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he’s wrong in his logic that [the arms have so much more distance to travel than the hips so it only makes sense they start first.] 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Is a Lower Body Swing Key Essential
Note: This thread is 1971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!