IGNORED

Callaway HX Hot Bite

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While some of us live in an uncooperative environment and can only dream about hitting the links, I know some of the lucky one's are still able to get out this time of year. I was wondering...has anyone tried out the new Callaway HX Hot Bite balls? Curious to see some reviews on this, especially from people who have also played the NXT Tour balls.

For me? Back to putting in my living room and driving the wife nuts....

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

They aren't available for the general public yet. When they are, I am definitely going to buy a dozen and compare them to the Pro-V1x I am using now.

I used to play the HX Hot until I read all the magazines and recommendations about higher spin helping around the green. They were right, the Pro-V1x flies just as far as the HX Hot and you can spin it. I actually backed up a PW. If the HX Hot Bite performs as well around the green I would sure like to save the money.

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

The HX Hot Bite's are available; I've seen them at my local Golf Galaxy the last couple of times I've been in there. I just didn't want to be the guinney pig. Well that and with us expecting about 7" of snow tonight it's not really "golfing weather". Was hoping one of our lucky warm weather members had maybe tried them. They were $29.99/dz if I remember correctly.

Now I did not see the new Callaway i Tour and ixTours.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

The HX Hot Bite's are available; I've seen them at my local Golf Galaxy the last couple of times I've been in there. I just didn't want to be the guinney pig.

I don't know where Fairfield is, but I'm guessing Toledo is supposed to get snow too... I better go check the weather.

I am posting because I want to see a response as well... I play NXT Tours and wondered how the Bite compared.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

OK, they are not available in Arizona, Golfsmith, or TGW, but golfgalaxy.com does appear to have them.

What a cruel joke, release a new golf ball in a part of the country where you can't use it.

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

OK, they are not available in Arizona, Golfsmith, or TGW, but golfgalaxy.com does appear to have them.

I'm with you there brother. I actually saw them at the Golf Galaxy store by my house; had dozens upon dozens. Why bring them here and not a place where you can actually play them? Makes no sense.

To Big_M: Fairfield area is just north of Cincinnati, so I'm at the other end of the state (about half way between Cincy and Dayton). But I've stopped in Toledo many times on my way to Michigan games (yes, huge Wolverine fan living waaay behind enemy lines!). Always had to stop on Toledo, because it's impossible for me to go through there and not get some Tony Packo's!

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

It is a good mid price ball. The E6 and E6+ seem to be a better choice

What differnce will the new dimple pattern on the E-5+ make? The went from a 420 or something pattern to the 330 pattern from the B330. I play E-5s now, if it isn't a significant difference I might stock up on E-5s on close out.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

you know why because when you cant play golf you allways tend to buy more stuff relating to golf

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!