IGNORED

Swing Guru program

Typhoon92
Note: This thread is 1977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone here used it?  I was on it the other night and the thing that threw me for a loop was it told me my " hand speed" with my 6 iron was 7 mph and the tour average was 22 mph.  Yet...I was dead on with ball speed 127, launch angle 14.1 and carry distance 185 with the Trackman PGA tour averages chart.  My club head speed was 91...1 mph off.

so what's up with hand speed?  How far would the f*#^ing ball go if my hands were also traveling 15 mph faster!? LOL...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What do they use to measure hand speed?  The monitors I have seen are small and low to the ground.  Then again, I don't really know how they work.  I was thinking of getting a relatively inexpensive one like Swing Speed Radar or SC Swing Caddie.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

There is a camera opposite, face on from where I stand.  It's almost like a PlayStation 3 type of camera.  The program itself is interesting. My swing will score a 73 because I have flaws that I compensate for.  One of our other guys who is shaped like a can of tuna, can't break 100 or hit a drive over 200 yards will score 100 percent on his swing.

So I don't know how it measures hand speed since it doesn't have a radar.  It will also tell me if I have a slow downswing.  I just take it for what it is worth.  For instance I know I need to move off the ball more, not stay over it because I get a little reverse pivot.  The guru tells me this, my pro tells me this and I can use the program to fix it.

The hand speed thing though drives me nuts.

20 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

The hand speed thing though drives me nuts.

So, why not just ignore it? if you have a connected, rotational swing, the movement of your hands in relation to your torso is not very far and measured in inches. According to Quinton Martin (or whatever his name is) maintains it is only four inches or so and some mumbo jumbo about a collar bone or something. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

21 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I just take it for what it is worth.

Which is nothing? :-P

You're a +3 and it says your swing is inferior to a 25 handicap player...

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Which is nothing? :-P

You're a +3 and it says your swing is inferior to a 25 handicap player...

Yeah I know, it just seems weird.  We laugh actually.

9 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Yeah I know, it just seems weird.  We laugh actually.

You get my point though, right? I don't know anything about this thing but I'm not sure I'd put too much stock into what it tells you, based on the above information. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!