IGNORED

My Swing (Aj_ninja)

Aj_ ninja
Note: This thread is 1976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 months after a 8 year break, before that 2.5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 19-25, broke 100 last week with a 96
My typical ball flight is: @ range left, on course straight or slice (long 3 & 4 irons)
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I have been hitting it FAT especially off the tee for irons, my wedges seem to be good that last 2 rounds of golf.

The first swing is my “natural” swing, I literally don’t think about anything and just hit the ball. What I noticed was I drop my head excessively, start my down swing with my arms, and get caught up at impact.... what I have been working on this week is keep my head more stable (posture) and start my transition with the lower body, the left knee until is becomes 2nd nature. My practice I just did about 150 practice swings exaggerating the knee then the shoulders and arms; while hitting a large bucket, thinking of my knee as I reach the top of the backswing.

I think the third thing is about having a flat wrist but I’ll worry about that after I can have the above 2 items down on the range and one the course. Thank you viewing.

Videos: 

WARNING!!! The first video has rave lighting sorry!

• Administrator

Camera angles could be better, and you'd be helping us to help you with a face-on video.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

I imagine you can't do this very well:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, iacas said:

Camera angles could be better, and you'd be helping us to help you with a face-on video.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

I imagine you can't do this very well:

Yeah I think I’ve always done that and have noticed it since I’ve picked this back up, do you have any tips on how I can get that extension in my arms? Or should I post another videos face on?

7 hours ago, Aj_ ninja said:

Yeah I think I’ve always done that and have noticed it since I’ve picked this back up, do you have any tips on how I can get that extension in my arms? Or should I post another videos face on?

Post a face on. But one thing you can work on is a drill similar to the one above. Do it slowly at first and focus on extending through impact to the point where your right arm is parallel to the ground, A9. I emphasis doing it slowly, because it is hard to change habits at full speed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Aj_ ninja said:

You should post videos from better angles, and do that drill in the meantime, yes.

You'll have a little trouble doing that drill as you swing out over and left a bit too much, so your arms almost have to shorten a bit right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

You should post videos from better angles, and do that drill in the meantime, yes.

You'll have a little trouble doing that drill as you swing out over and left a bit too much, so your arms almost have to shorten a bit right now.

Here is a video I did yesterday before practicing keeping my head still and starting my transition with my body. So it’s a lot like my first swing form BUT it’s head on!

Note: This thread is 1976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!