IGNORED

My Swing (Bo the Golfer)

Bo the Golfer

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's not a downswing thing you need to do for awhile at first.

I hear you. I'll be doing backswing work to start. When I hit balls I'll probably be sticking to chipping/pitching for a while just to get motion down. 

40 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Good luck, my man.

The longest journey begins with the first step.

Keep us posted on your progress. 

Thank you and will do!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

I hear you. I'll be doing backswing work to start. When I hit balls I'll probably be sticking to chipping/pitching for a while just to get motion down. 

I was going to type more but my wife wanted something.

One of the problems people tend to have with a Steve Stricker type backswing is that they sense that the club hasn't gotten back very far.

You're going to have a really tough time doing this on your own. There were three main reasons I didn't give you an actual analysis:

• No face-on view.
  • Not slow motion.
  • Kinda have a lot going on, and so your understanding of the road map and the first step is critical.

I strongly urge you to find a guy who is GOOD and work with him. Do not try it on your own.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

I was going to type more but my wife wanted something.

One of the problems people tend to have with a Steve Stricker type backswing is that they sense that the club hasn't gotten back very far.

You're going to have a really tough time doing this on your own. There were three main reasons I didn't give you an actual analysis:

• No face-on view.
  • Not slow motion.
  • Kinda have a lot going on, and so your understanding of the road map and the first step is critical.

I strongly urge you to find a guy who is GOOD and work with him. Do not try it on your own.

To that end do you know anyone good in the Minneapolis/St Paul area? I was going to try one of the instructors that work out of the dome I hit at during the winter and of course there's evolvr but I think I'm a better hands on learner. 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bo the Golfer said:

To that end do you know anyone good in the Minneapolis/St Paul area? I was going to try one of the instructors that work out of the dome I hit at during the winter and of course there's evolvr but I think I'm a better hands on learner. 

Lots of people are "better" hands on students, but there are perks to Evolvr, too, including a lower cost and the ability to "get your lessons" entirely on your schedule.

I don't know of people in the area, but I'll ask around. How far is the drive to Chicago? I wonder if @cedrictheo knows anyone up your way.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Lots of people are "better" hands on students, but there are perks to Evolvr, too, including a lower cost and the ability to "get your lessons" entirely on your schedule.

I don't know of people in the area, but I'll ask around. How far is the drive to Chicago? I wonder if @cedrictheo knows anyone up your way.

Chicago is maybe 4 to 4.5 hours drive. I do see the advantages of Evolvr for sure. 

BO THE GOLFER

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Chicago is maybe 4 to 4.5 hours drive.

Oh, that's probably too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

@iacas I have decided to go with Evolvr and will get some video by the weekend. Should I even upload the video I put on here or just go with the new one's I do?

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

• Administrator

Record the new ones, post those. When you create your account you'll get prompted to answer some questions, and the site creates a topic for your videos.

Just make them slow-mo and from the correct angles (through the wrists, wrist height, perpendicular or parallel to the target line).

Looking forward to working with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really excited to be starting with Evolvr. I'll be at the dome tomorrow night getting swings on video to upload. I have been doing a lot of backswing drills via the 5 Minute Daily Challenge using Steve Stricker as a swing goal. We'll see what my Evolvr instructor thinks and what changes I'll need to mmake.i did watch the above video from @iacas and have incorporated a new grip based on it. Feels great and I'm interested to see how it will feel hitting balls. 

BO THE GOLFER

Just signed up for Evolvr. Let's go!

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

Hope you keep posting here. Lots of stuff to work on. Interested to see how your coach(es) approach your plan!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 hour ago, mdl said:

Hope you keep posting here. Lots of stuff to work on. Interested to see how your coach(es) approach your plan!

Will do for sure. Be a lot of work but I'm looking forward to it. 

BO THE GOLFER

My first videos shared with Evolvr. Can't wait to get to work. 

BO THE GOLFER

20 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

My first videos shared with Evolvr. Can't wait to get to work. 

Hey, I know you're working with Evolvr so I'm not going to say anything about your swing, but just some advice on the videos:

• Film your swing from good angles. You can find details here: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing (TL;DR: DTL is about hand height and centered at your toe line, FO is the same height centered from the middle of your stance. It's generally a good idea to center your shot around the subject, which is you :-))
  • Trim your videos. It's hard to remember at what moment in the video your actual swing begins if someone had to go back and look at it over and over again, you know what I mean?

Good luck on your golf journey.

• Thumbs Up 4

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

15 minutes ago, billchao said:

Hey, I know you're working with Evolvr so I'm not going to say anything about your swing, but just some advice on the videos:

• Film your swing from good angles. You can find details here: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing (TL;DR: DTL is about hand height and centered at your toe line, FO is the same height centered from the middle of your stance. It's generally a good idea to center your shot around the subject, which is you :-))
  • Trim your videos. It's hard to remember at what moment in the video your actual swing begins if someone had to go back and look at it over and over again, you know what I mean?

Good luck on your golf journey.

Thank you for the advice. Will tighten everything up going forward. 

• Thumbs Up 1

BO THE GOLFER

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Thank you for the advice. Will tighten everything up going forward. 

FWIW we look at Evolvr every 3-4 days, and just did so that morning. Next time will be around the 22nd or 23rd.

But at least the grip looks okay. 😄 

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

But at least the grip looks okay. 😄 

Lol that's one thing I thought looked better. 

BO THE GOLFER

So I got back my first Evolvr feedback. Was impressed with the overall evaluation and how what I need to work on was presented to me. I'm also happy things started out with fairly simple concepts regarding grip and set up. It's really amazing golfing as long as I have when just holding the club correctly feels so different. I felt different forarm muscles incorporated when doing very slow backswings. Will be working on marrying the correct grip with the setup @iacas had prescibed. Feels so satisfying to be at the start of the road to improvement. 

• Thumbs Up 3

BO THE GOLFER