IGNORED

Downhill Lies

Note: This thread is 1939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've always struggled playing shots from downhill lies. As I've aged it's gotten worse. As a senior player I have to play a lot of long irons and fairway metals into some par fours as well as par fives. I try to position my shoulders parallel to the downhill lie and stay down through the shot, but it doesn't seem to work most of the time. Does anyone have any tips that might help me? Unfortunately, my club's range doesn't have a place where I can practice these shots.

Below is what I focus on when faced with a down hiller. I tend to practice this shot, and other uneven lies quite often. FIrst find the low point in your swing for ball position.

Maintain balance in stance.

Maintain knee flex

Less Club.

Choke Down.

Right foot back a little.

Shoulders match slope.

Hips match slope.

On my follow through I will even step through the shot, and keep walking some times.  

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Balance is the key. Use a shorter swing and usually club up.

Longer clubs are a very skilled shot, tough for many players.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!