IGNORED

GolfNow VIP Becomes GolfPass+

Yossarian
Note: This thread is 998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got the email now. I always found Golfnow convenient because all the courses (at least those I can afford) in my area are in their list, and the cost of the subscription was worth the advantage of getting a cheap prepaid tee time and still have the possibility to cancel it without penalties.

Now they are saying they are revamping the program, but if you scroll down

it looks like they have thrown in some instructional videos but moved the waived convenience fee and free cancellation to the 199$ tier, which is really too much

$99 per year isn't too bad for what you get since that includes a free round every month. If you use the free round 3-4 times then it pays for itself. I might consider it, I just need to go back and look at which local courses around me are on Golfnow, IIRC, more courses around me are on teeoff.com vs golfnow

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Golfnow VIP Becomes Golfpass+
3 hours ago, klineka said:

$99 per year isn't too bad for what you get since that includes a free round every month. If you use the free round 3-4 times then it pays for itself. I might consider it, I just need to go back and look at which local courses around me are on Golfnow, IIRC, more courses around me are on teeoff.com vs golfnow

I read the fine prints:

Members will receive one (1) GOLFNOW promotional code (the “PLAY Promo Code”) per month while their GOLFPASS membership is current and valid, which may be used to redeem one (1) Hot Deal* tee time of any value** (for one (1) golfer only), playable Monday through Thursday after 12:00 p.m. only.

Not for a weekend player like me, but it's not bad.

Still, they could have left the possibility to waive the convenience fee in the 99$ tier

• Informative 1

• 1 year later...

I don't know if anyone in this forum uses it.

The free round per month has now become, starting from June, a 10$ per month credit (and only Mon-Thur, only after noon, only on hot deals tee times).

The good thing that the old free rounds will be usable even if the membership expires (at least, that's what they told me by phone). And they are usable more than once a month.

With this change I don't see how can they justify the 199$ for the full membership

• 4 months later...

So, back on my public service to update everyone on golfpass slow death new features...

It looks like they made 3 new tiers.  The only interesting one seems the 99$, the other ones with instructional videos may be interesting if you have never heard about youtube.

The catch this time is that they waive the fees in only 10 bookings per year.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgolf-pass-brightspot.

Become a GOLFPASS member and get exclusive benefits like monthly GOLFNOW tee time credit and rewards. Play more golf with a GOLFPASS...

However, they also gave the possibility to old members to get a "grandfathered plan" and maintain the unlimited waived fees (still at 99$ I guess)

• iacas changed the title to GolfNow VIP Becomes GolfPass+
On 1/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, Yossarian said:

they also gave the possibility to old members to get a "grandfathered plan" and maintain the unlimited waived fees (still at 99$ I guess)

Nope, I called and the VIP is 199$.

• 1 month later...

I recently signed up in January 2021. Paid $120 for 12 months. Each month they issue a $10 coupon and waive a total of 10 convenience fees. As a welcome gift they will send a small pack of golf balls and one extra $10 coupon. 

Nave

Meh. Next year they will change it again and rename it to something else. Don't care.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

• 3 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Nave said:

I recently signed up in January 2021. Paid $120 for 12 months. Each month they issue a $10 coupon and waive a total of 10 convenience fees. As a welcome gift they will send a small pack of golf balls and one extra $10 coupon. 

For me the dealbreaker is the convenience fee. I can't believe they charge almost 3$ for something you can do in a 30 seconds phone call. Last year at least with the 99$ tier they were waiving all of them, not just 10.

Another issue, at least in my area (NC Triangle), is that I can't find anymore hot deals tee times from 7am to 10am. My golf season is limited to the summer, I'd rather pay the full tee time fee, than save 20$ with a "hot" deal and play 5 hours in the 90s

I think this is becoming like Moviepass. The idea was very good, but they haven't really planned it realistically from the beginning, and now they are trying to make it profitable cutting down one benefit at a time

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2021 at 5:36 PM, Nave said:

UPDATE:

1. They never sent the promised pack of golf balls (supply shortage issues)
2. Instead they provided a coupon code for Taylormade which forces you to spend a minimum amount there
3. Their "hot deals" in my area are 30% more expensive than my local resident rate

I basically lost money by signing up with them.

I won't renew my membership.

@Yossarian I agree with you about the "convenience fee" - it is pretty inconvenient actually.

Nave

Note: This thread is 998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!