IGNORED

I've Played This Ball for Two Seasons and Will Continue

Note: This thread is 1896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

As a senior golfer there is two items that I am very fussy about when it comes to golf equipment ( other than my clubs ). The ball I play and my footwear, the past two seasons I have played one ball and one ball only, Titleist DT TruSoft. I don't buy in to all the claims that the ball manufacturers throw at us. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we took all the top line balls ( and added some of the not so top line balls ) and had a machine strike the balls when it came to distance ,, which we all look for ,,, there wouldn't be but a couple of yards between any of them.

I switched back and forward trying different balls but overall I really liked the DT TruSoft and I'm playing that ball again this upcoming season. Footwear ,,, you know quite seriously I can't get over some of my golfing partners who would shell out $ 700.00 on a new driver, $ 1600.00 on new irons, $ 400.00 on a new putter but they wait until there is a shoe sale then buy inferior shoes at a discount. If I play at least 12 rounds a month and my home course is a fairly easy walking course I absolutely make sure my feet are as comfortable as possible. I have four pair of Ecco Biom golf shoes that I interchange, I use a very good insole with some arch support, believe me, top quality golf shoes are a very wise investment.

By the way, socks, I would ask advice on what to buy and where, price is of no concern, there is very little selection of top end comfortable golf socks where I live ,,,, have a great day everyone.

Edited by buteman

• iacas changed the title to I've Played This Ball for Two Seasons and Will Continue
17 minutes ago, buteman said:

Hello,

As a senior golfer there is two items that I am very fussy about when it comes to golf equipment ( other than my clubs ). The ball I play and my footwear, the past two seasons I have played one ball and one ball only, Titleist DT TruSoft. I don't buy in to all the claims that the ball manufacturers throw at us. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we took all the top line balls ( and added some of the not so top line balls ) and had a machine strike the balls when it came to distance ,, which we all look for ,,, there wouldn't be but a couple of yards between any of them.

Probably true, if even that, but most people simply might like the cover, feel or logo of their favorite brand over others.

I switched back and forward trying different balls but overall I really liked the DT TruSoft and I'm playing that ball again this upcoming season.

If not for those minor differences, we might as well all be using Wilson Premium range balls. 😁

Footwear ,,, you know quite seriously I can't get over some of my golfing partners who would shell out $ 700.00 on a new driver, $ 1600.00 on new irons, $ 400.00 on a new putter

$700 for a fitted driver? $1600 for irons? That’s amazing...

but they wait until there is a shoe sale then buy inferior shoes at a discount. If I play at least 12 rounds a month and my home course is a fairly easy walking course I absolutely make sure my feet are as comfortable as possible. I have four pair of Ecco Biom golf shoes that I interchange, I use a very good insole with some arch support, believe me, top quality golf shoes are a very wise investment.

Agree, but I still get them on sale, but only good ones 😊

By the way, socks, I would ask advice on what to buy and where, price is of no concern, there is very little selection of top end comfortable golf socks where I live ,,,, have a great day everyone.

Costco Champion socks for me...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like Joy Sox. There available online for purchase.
Good quality, fit is really good and they last a couple of seasons.

Foot Joy socks are good, they feel great but do not last more than a season. (over 50 rounds)

Both are available in different ankle heights, colors, cushion types and support. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I've never really given a thought to which socks to wear.   I just grab socks and go.   Shoes are another thing.   They must be comfortable.   I have Footjoy but I'm open to any brand that is waterproof and comfortable.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I pretty much agree with the OP on golf balls. Only difference being that I am a die hard Bridgestone e7 user.  I do on occassions try other balls, but always return to the e7

As for shoes, I buy for my own personal comfort. I own a pair of golf specific shoes, but I hardly ever wear them. I keep them in my bag, as a "just in case" type thing.

My shoes of choice are a 3/4 top, very comfortable walking/hiking shoe. I wear them every where.. My next favorites are a pair of sandals. With, or without socks. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!