IGNORED

Time to Get a New iPhone

TN94z
Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My son's phone has been giving him issues lately and it looks like it's time to get him a new one.  Just so happens that AT&T has a buy one, get one offer. The downside is that he will have to change his number but he says he doesn't care. So what better time to get me a phone as well...haha. He says he wants the XR and I am trying to decide if I want the XS or the XS Max. I currently have the 7 plus and it is still a really good phone. I had thought about upgrading mine and giving him this one, but with the deal going on and the fact that he has always gotten hand me downs, I'll probably just get both of us a new one. I just need to get into the store to see the physical size difference between my 7 plus and the XS Max. Who knows, I may end up just upgrading him and keeping mine....

Any suggestions or opinions on the 3 models??

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got the XS because it's the smallest one, but appreciate the extras, the screen, lighter, better camera, 3D touch, potentially faster LTE. But basically, the XR was just way too big for my taste. I've been saying that for each successive iPhone, but size is reaching a tipping point. Compared to earlier models though, it's gotten big and heavy though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

(edited)
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I got the XS because it's the smallest one, but appreciate the extras, the screen, lighter, better camera, 3D touch, potentially faster LTE. But basically, the XR was just way too big for my taste. I've been saying that for each successive iPhone, but size is reaching a tipping point. Compared to earlier models though, it's gotten big and heavy though.

Well, I've got the 7 plus and it's not terrible. I think it is a touch bigger than the XS Max. So, it doesn't sound like size will be a big issue with me. It may actually feel a little better than my 7 plus but would have to pick one up as they are a little heavier than my 7 plus, I think

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A

• iacas changed the title to Time to Get a New iPhone

If you are comfortable with the size of the 7+, then don't hesitate to go with the Max. If you would love a smaller phone than the 7+ but with a much better/bigger screen than the 7, then go with the XS. 

I have the Max and absolutely love it. Beautiful screen and is just a hair smaller than my 8+ but with significantly more screen real estate. 

We did the same thing with our daughter who is in college. We both got new phones and just split the total bill. 

4 minutes ago, Indy-Archer said:

If you are comfortable with the size of the 7+, then don't hesitate to go with the Max. If you would love a smaller phone than the 7+ but with a much better/bigger screen than the 7, then go with the XS. 

I have the Max and absolutely love it. Beautiful screen and is just a hair smaller than my 8+ but with significantly more screen real estate. 

We did the same thing with our daughter who is in college. We both got new phones and just split the total bill. 

I guess that is why I actually need to go physically look...I know the smaller size would actually have a little more display area. So I may get the best of both worlds with the XS. Great points!

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!