IGNORED

Maybe I should just use Hybrids

Note: This thread is 1856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If different clubs helps you score better and you want to put in the money, go for it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been trying to find a set of irons I like better than my old MX-20's. No result yet.

I tried driver / hybrids / wedges / putter with no irons at all for a few weeks. No progress there either.

I have now played four rounds with driver / woods / wedges / putter.

Woods are steel shafted: Callaway BB 2004 used 5,7,9 ..... Bang SF assembled by me 11,13 …. SooLong assembled by me 17,19.

Good progress. Better than irons or hybrids down to 110 yards.  Indecisive at present from 100 down - may lengthen shaft on 45 degree 19 wood as a further experiment.

The 11 wood for a bump and run is better than the 6 iron and easier from dodgy lies.

Verdict from my fourball is "if it works then why not?".

I have used my wife's Callaway Gems 9 wood for bump and runs in the past and it worked pretty good. Maybe I should go back to it.

The only problem is that I usually bump and run with my 8 iron and that means I would have to eliminate something in my bag.

Probably my 4 iron since I use two hybrids.

The 9 wood should be a bit more springy than an iron and it will be about 5 iron loft so will fly lower and run further.  You should be able to run it up from 100 yards or so with nothing in the way.

It should also go further than a 5 iron on a full shot. Sounds like the 4 iron could have a rest.

Note: This thread is 1856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!