• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ganjagolfer

anyone ever fix a tooth cavity by themselves?

15 posts in this topic

i've got one and don't feel like running out to a dentist. i figure if i drink some scotch and my wife takes a titanium drill bit and gets out the decay and then we put in some epoxy, it will get the job done

any thing else i should know?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

LOL.....make sure and use that epoxy you roll in your hand...it can be used underwater...and sets fast

LOL.....make sure and use that epoxy you roll in your hand...it can be used underwater...and sets fast

thanks, want to do it only once and not screw up and that sounds like really good information

A hammer drill with a 1/8" masonary bit will work better. Make sure you use quick set epoxy so you can eat dinner later.

Good Luck

A hammer drill with a 1/8" masonary bit will work better. Make sure you use quick set epoxy so you can eat dinner later.

thank you, i was considering doing it at night and not eating but the quick set sounds great

Is this a legit question. If it is, I would strongly urge you not to do this.

Cavity is a bacteria, simply drilling out the infected looking areas wont get rid of the cavity. Once the enamel of the tooth has eroded into a cavity there is no way to reverse the process unless you seek "professional" help.

You could pull the tooth, but if you use pliers, which is what I think you would use, you could end up breaking the tooth or you could leave exposed nerves which would be extremley painful.

If you wait to long, or you try to do it yourself and dont get all of the infection the tooth can become abcessed and you would need a root canal at that point which run about 800-1200 smackers including crowns.

Thank my mom for the info. Anything else just post and I will ask her.

not really a legit question as do have to get to a dentist

was kind of curious if i did it myself though

suppose simple dental and medical procedures like this are part of nasa's long term space exploration

Have you considered just pulling it and replacing it with an animal tooth. Contrary to popular belief it worked for George Washington. I am sure that your kitchen is a sterile as the dentist offices of the late 1700s. It's something to consider.

Have you considered just pulling it and replacing it with an animal tooth. Contrary to popular belief it worked for George Washington. I am sure that your kitchen is a sterile as the dentist offices of the late 1700s. It's something to consider.

will consider it, will be planting sweet corn soon and last year had my patch ravaged by raccoons and so maybe kill one of those and use a fresh raccoon tooth, it might might even start to grow in

i been doing some pre-op experimentation with the proper novicane-effect levels of scotch. i'm guessing about 12 oz. to begin drilling with occasional boosters depending on length of procedure.

its like that comercial for some brokage company where the guy needs to cut out his apendix and the doctor says "cut below the 3rd rib" and the guy says "shouldn't you be doing this?"

entertaining post!

will consider it, will be planting sweet corn soon and last year had my patch ravaged by raccoons and so maybe kill one of those and use a fresh raccoon tooth, it might might even start to grow in

Just pick a non-rabid racoon. I also figured that you would be into a herbal pain killer given your user name.

I assume you are not from Woodstock, GA. If you were you wouldn't ask about it, you only need about half of your teeth down here in the south, it will rot out for you soon nuff. Wally Mart has shelves loaded with canned soup.

There is actually tooth filler kits you can buy at any drugstore... well i dont know about any drugstore... But wallgreens has em...

I think theyre called WallDrug on the east coast... But who knows.