IGNORED

Disturbing Story

Rafcin
Note: This thread is 6842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

true. sometimes I wish though, that when I was young and stupid, chasing woman, drugs (I DIDN'T INHALE!) and alcohol - my dad, instead of being the "cool" dude and letting me get away with murder, would kick my ass and force me into sports. Now I'm out of shape, overweight, doing a 9-5 job, where I could've been working couple hours a week playing a game I (now) love.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Marc O'Hair is a nutcase. Here's a quote from the article you posted:

"No need to worry: Marc said he has photocopied 25 copies of their contract -- which calls for Marc to receive 10 percent of Sean's earnings until he dies -- and placed them in envelopes. He plans to mail them to major media outlets when his son hits it big, perhaps this year. "As soon as he gets famous, I am going to lower the boom," Marc said. "I'm going to show everybody what he did to me. I have no intention of suing him. I intend to crucify him in the media because what he did to me is not right."

He will only crucify himself. As long as he proceeds with villifying his son he will only prove himself the a$$ he is. Who signs a contract with their own child? Only a complete nutcase would do that. Marc is a great example of an overbearing wacko who could have destroyed his son's life.

I respect Sean for establishing his own life and moving on dispite having an overbearing father. That shows some real character. He is a classy kid. There's my 2 cents.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

call me "old fashioned", but obviously there was a reason for a contract? Kid walked away from his father - that's the fact. Marc must have known something we don't know to even come up with the idea of a contract .
What was really going on we don't know for sure.. The writer portrait the situation to stirr up potential readers (and succeeded!), same statement taken out of context might mean totally different things...

Sure I'm only trying to be argumentative and I'm trying to bring some life into this discussion group - but bottom line is - we don't know what exactly was going on.
Let's don't hang anyone w/o a jury

that's my 36 cents

Fair enough about knowing the whole picture Rafcin. I'm a little sensitive about control freaks having watched what it can do to people up close and personal. The bottom line is you have to grow from whatever experiences you go through and hopefully that is what Sean and the rest of us do.

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator

Ha haha ha hahahahhahahahahah

To the media:

Find that

here and find a bit more of the story here . What a character!!! I've never heard Sean say a bad thing about his father. Ever. He typically tries not to talk about it at all, to avoid the question(s). Some people are simply delusional. Marc O'Hair can put himself in that category.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

...And in closing, I would like to tell all my dear friends in the media to kiss my ass....

I like this guy already, only for that statement

Even though Sean must sooner or later assume responsibilities for his own actions, I will bail him out of another one of his problems by releasing him from liability concerning the contracts…he is free…he owes me nothing.

Well, isn't that special? Let me try to understand this... Marc O'Hairy Butt is going to bail his son out of another one of his problems by freeing him from a contract he (Marc) made his son (Sean) sign. I'm a little puzzled there.

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Marc O'hair! You are the next contest on the Dysfunctional Family Feud!
That guy is Koo Koo for Coco Puffs. I have read several articles and watched the 60 Minutes piece. I have tried to be objective and look at the situation from both sides and have come up with the conclusion:
Marc O'Hair is a grade "A" Jacka#$! It is obvious that he never wanted Sean to do well as a son. He wanted Sean to do well as an investment. The thought that the guy had his son sign a contract for 10% of his earings until he dies is ridiculous. I would like to think that if it was me I would spend at least that on my parents if I was in Sean's shoes. Maybe not by giving him a check every week but by buying him a car, vacations, paying off their house, taking care of little sister's college tuition. I am surprised that Marc didn't purchase a sizeable life disability insurance policy on Sean, like race horse owners do with horses.
I can't imagine my Dad wanting me to sign a contract saying I would give him 10% of my earnings because he picked up the tab on my college tuition. And I have sent my parents on vacation and I even bopught my Dad a little MG roadster last year. It has not come close to the 10% that Mr. O'Hair was asking for but it is something. I got him thise gifts because I wanted to. My Dad put up with a lot of my crap and was quick to put back in line and for that he deserves a couple of vacations and a car. His payment for my success is being proud and bragging to his buddies that I bought him that car.
If Sean was smart he would have said "I'll repay what you have put into this plus "x" amount of interest and that is it."
It seems that Sean didn't drag his father through the mud in the media. He was asked questions and asnwered them, honestly. The truth came out. What more proof do you need than the last press release Marc put out? You know, the one where he told the media they could kiss his ass. The one where he tried to look like the good guy by saying he will let Sean out of his contract. He is pissed because the media and everyone else with a thimbal of sense has seen Marc O'Hair for what he is; a money hungry pimp (after all, he did bitch slap Sean on the golf course for doing poorly, "Ho, where my birdie at?") and a piss poor excuse for a father.
I would love to spit some Red Man on that guy and give him five across the eye.

Note: This thread is 6842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!