IGNORED

New Driver G10 or HyperX Decisions...decisions????

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. New driver....Ping G10 or Callaway HyperX

• Ping G10
    • Callaway HyperX

Looking around for a new driver and 3Wood.

I want to gain a higher trajectory than with my current set up as well as adding more forgiveness.

I'm evaluating the Ping G10 and the Callaway HyperX. Most likely going with at 10 degree driver and 15 degree 3 wood.

Wondering what the pros and cons of each model is?

Going to be doing something within the next month, I hope.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have tried both of these drivers. Both are good. I prefer the Hyper X because it is slightly longer for me and has a great feel through the ball- solid, without being too heavy. The Ping just seems a little whippy to me. I also prefer the sound of the Callaway.

I have not tried the fairway woods in these models.

Happy hunting!

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

if high is what you want go with the hyper x driver and 3 wood

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Ive hit both on demo days. I didnt like the hyper-x at all. At all. The g10 with a UST V2 shaft is a dyamite club, i really enjoyed hitting that one. But i can reason spending 300 bucks on a club ill only use 8-10 times a round.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You need to try out both clubs in the loft and with the shaft you need. Only by trying out these clubs can you derive anything that resembles information neccessary on which to make a decision.

I can tell you that for me, the Hyper X is one of the best drivers, if not the best driver I've ever hit. No, wait, I can tell you that the Hyper X driver is the best I've hit; and the emphasis is on the I.[/ I] I came to that conclusion after hitting several different drivers on a launch monitor. But what works for my swing and my swing speed may not work for you. Don't take my word on the performance of a driver, try several out for yourself side by side and see empirically what works best for you.

Good luck.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Of the 2 I would go with the g10. But I don't use either one.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Thanks for the opinions....keep them coming in.

I'm going to have to step up the timeline as the head of my driver came loose today....shaft is broken in the hosel.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Stopped off at a store this morning and have them patching up my old driver.

I test hit a HyperX 10 degree stiff and a G10 10.5 degree with the V2 HL stiff. Both felt and sounded great. I think the ball may be a tad hotter coming off the HyperX....but that is hard to tell in the conditions I was hitting under.

The PING G10 seemed to really fit my swing. I love the V2hl shaft in it.

I'm leaning in favor of the G10 after hitting them both.

Ive hit both on demo days. I didnt like the hyper-x at all. At all. The g10 with a UST V2 shaft is a dyamite club, i really enjoyed hitting that one. But i can reason spending 300 bucks on a club ill only use 8-10 times a round.

what did you not like about it? the shaft?

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

get the ping g10 it is the most accurate forgiving driver ive ever hit,its only my second year playing and im averaging 12/14 in fairways hit.buy it and you will not be dissapointed

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

• 2 weeks later...
Went by and ordered a G10 hybrid yesterday.

I'm a couple of weeks away on the driver!!!!!!

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!