IGNORED

Do you have EXTREME ups and downs?

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

51 on the front, 38 on the back. How's that for inconsistent?

Also, I'll go from hitting great drives and chunking every iron to not be able to get off the tee box but hitting pure 4 irons.

I just can't seem to put it all together.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Seeing that most of the people in this thread are above a 10 HC, it makes sense that extreme inconsistency is the norm and sometimes (most of the times:)) it gets in my head.

Last week I was throwing darts and managed to shoot my best 9 holes on a front 9 to date: 42. I was positive that i was going to crack my best of an 88, but nope! Shot a 47 on the back for an 89. I was pissed to say the least.

This past sunday: 52 on the front, 44 on the back

This morning: I hit only 2 fairways. Couldn't hit the driver for the life of me, but scrambled for a 49 front and 47 back.

HC is up to a 19.8 now :( P

One thing I usually do well though is putt and and hit <= 100 yards. My driving usually determines how well I play in a round.
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

51 on the front, 38 on the back. How's that for inconsistent?

that's exactly the position i've put myself in. i was 2 under this morning thru 6.. and ended up going out with a 40! that's a big swing!

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

This is what i think. It's broken down into 3 categories and you can hardly ever do all 3 right.

Iron play(including wedges)
Fairway woods(including driver)
and putting.

Pick 2 and throw the other out the door. Thats normally how my golf game goes.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

that's exactly the position i've put myself in. i was 2 under this morning thru 6.. and ended up going out with a 40! that's a big swing!

DJYoshi,

That happens when you get below a 10-handicap too???? I was really hoping that when I get that low that issue would be gone! $%!$#!@$!B%

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I can relate to your frustration. Although I am shooting in the upper 80's and low 90's. (and I have shot 39 twice this year) A good example is on Saturday I shot an 87 then I turn around on Sunday and shoot 100. Or the week before I shot a 50 on the front and then follow it up with a 40 on the back.

You just described my game to a T. My scores are all over the place. I shoot in the mid 80s, then the next week be up around 100. The really frustrating thing is that it's not just one part of my game that is holding me back. One week it's putting, the next it's my iron shots. I guess it's just all part of the game and why I keep trying to improve.

Yup, me too. Shot 107, then next weekend turned in an 88.
Go figure.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

This year have dropped form a 15 to a 10 ish. best was a 77, worst was a 94. this week I shot 79, the next day a 91, then one day later a 81. SO ya your not the only one.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

I have played about 40 rounds this year and have shot 2 90's and a 91 and 92... a few weeks ago I had a run of 92, 90, 85, 89, 80, 87, 88... not too good. Today I posted my lowest score of my life.... a 75 with an eagle and two birdies, an even par front nine. I often have two week streaks of good play followed by a couple weeks of poor play... I think that's natural. My scores can easily reach 90 when I am not driving the ball well and I'm playing a tight course. I also have one or two rounds a year where I wonder if I'm going to break 100 or just my 3-wood, however as of right now my handicap is 8.7 and my anti-handicap is 13.2... so I'm not overly inconcistent and the majority of my scores ARE mid to low 80's with a sprinkling of upper 70's and upper 80's.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

however as of right now my handicap is 8.7 and my anti-handicap is 13.2...

Anti-handicap?

"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Anti-handicap?

it's basically your 10 worst scores in your last 20 rounds. added up together and multiplied by like .096 or something like that. it basically shows how strong you are at your handicap.

so for me, i'm a 9.4, but my antihandicap i'm a 17.8. so that means I'm a weak 9.4 b/c i have the tendency to shoot way above the allowed strokes of what my handicap dictates on the course.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

it's basically your 10 worst scores in your last 20 rounds. added up together and multiplied by like .096 or something like that. it basically shows how strong you are at your handicap.

Very interesting! I did a search and found a detailed explanation at The Pope of Slope. I calculated mine based on the formula. My anti-handicap right now is 28.3. So I'm definitely all over the map. But I noticed while doing this that most of the high differentials were early in the season (7 of the 10 worst differentials were in the oldest 10 scores). So I'm definitely trending downward.

Index: 12.9

I'm sure there are very consistent players out there, but all of us that have posted our anti-hcp's so far have a swing of about 8 strokes. This strikes me as typical with most of the people I play with as well. Good days, bad days.

I'm going to keep my AntiHCP for a while, and see if that goes down, because its one more thing that I can use to make me feel better about my game :)

When i read our tournament results i´m often amazed what swingy things i see.
Today i had an EXTREME down - guess i shot a 20hcp - but the truth is, i shouldnt have been playing in the first place and there was no other possibility than this outcome.

Overplayed, extreme muscle tensions -> no strength at all, too less sleep => you probably shouldnt have played golf. The minute i went home my body just gave in and i fell asleep - didnt experienced such a downbreak a long time.

So when looking at big downswings in your results you always have to consider external circumstances that might have influenced your result and you might get rid of such influenced rounds that you didnt play under good to optimal conditions.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

2 weeks ago I shot an 83...same course last week I shot a 93...2 days ago on the same course I shot 78. So, yeah I do

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!