IGNORED

Any nascar fans out there?

adams603
Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Smallville,

Right, maybe they should increase the extra points they get for each win. Or maybe they should give out pole positions for reaching a certain number of wins or points.
Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

Personally, I think the biggest change they should make is going back to real stock cars. The cars you see out on the track have almost nothing in common with their production counterparts.
I say take the car off the showroom floor, put a rollcage in it, modify it for as much performance as possible while still stay (loosely) with the stock design and go racing. It would be pretty much SCCA Touring Car or European Touring Car racing and I think would be a lot better because it would really show who makes the best cars.
Like I said, Im not all that crazy about the chase, but it is what it is. I grew up watching NASCAR and as long as Toyota is in NASCAR, I will continue to watch.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Personally, I think the biggest change they should make is going back to real stock cars. The cars you see out on the track have almost nothing in common with their production counterparts.

My dad would totally agree with this statement. Of course this was the way it was at one time. Unless I'm mistaken the old cars were run with roughly the same motors as were available to the public. Of course this was during the muscle car era. I'm sure there is no major demand for the 500hp V8s now, and I can't imagine these cars racing with the 4 and 6 bangers off of the showroom floors.

I think NASCAR seems to be more like the IROC Camaro series was (or may still be for all I know, if there is one) where the only real variable is the driver and the pit crew performance. I suppose this is the idea though. And as with any race, stratedgy and a good bit of luck helps.

My dad would totally agree with this statement. Of course this was the way it was at one time. Unless I'm mistaken the old cars were run with roughly the same motors as were available to the public. Of course this was during the muscle car era. I'm sure there is no major demand for the 500hp V8s now, and I can't imagine these cars racing with the 4 and 6 bangers off of the showroom floors.

I remember back even in the '80s where the bodies in NASCAR were really close to the production model, such as back when Ford ran the T-Bird and Chevy ran the Lumina.

You are right that you would have 800-hp cars if you ran the production designs, but perhaps they could run turbos to up the horsepower. That, or perhaps they could run more on road courses where its more about handling than outright speed, so they wouldnt even be able to use the horsepower.
I think NASCAR seems to be more like the IROC Camaro series was (or may still be for all I know, if there is one) where the only real variable is the driver and the pit crew performance. I suppose this is the idea though. And as with any race, stratedgy and a good bit of luck helps.

Im not a fan of that idea. I remember the IROC series and it sucked. The problem with having all the cars the same is that theres no identity. One of thing things that I think appealed to so many people about NASCAR is that they can look on the track and see to car that they drive to work every day. Also, its much easier for them to root for a certain driver because he drivers for the same brand of car that they own.

Thats why I think going with the production design and modifying it as much as possible (without making any major changes, just making it lighter and maybe having a turbo or supercharger, as well as upping the compression, polishing the ports and doing exhaust work) would be the way to go because it would allow the teams to look for ways to gain speed, but would still force them to stick within certain guidelines. You know, it would sort of be like Formula 1 where it rewards the smartest minds. As it is now, you cant really alter the cars much, so the best teams are the ones who can set the car up for the given conditions on that day and the ones who can bend the rules without actually getting caught. NASCAR is pretty cool as-is though. Honestly, Im a fan of all motorsports. NASCAR, Indy, F1, WRC, SCCA, motocross, Moto GP, NHRA; its all cool.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

God I love racing. I left and shoved my hair into a motorcycle helmet on my prom night to go see Eve of Destruction at the local track. A decision I will never regret.

I just got so thrown off when E joined Hendrick. And now that Stewart's going to be on his own, I've heard he's leaving Knaus behind? It's all leaving me conflicted and confused.

I play Nascar 09, thats about it. I find it too easy though.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

God I love racing. I left and shoved my hair into a motorcycle helmet on my prom night to go see Eve of Destruction at the local track. A decision I will never regret.

I think it was easy for Jr to join Hendrick. He wanted control of something that should of been his all along, and the evil stepmother was not going to allow it to happen. And Stewart wont be leaving Knaus behind, thats Jimmie Johnsons chief. He will be leaving Zipadelli.

In my Vector
Driver:
Hybrids: 3DX RC #3IW and #4IW
Irons: 3DX RC 5-PW
Wedges: SW from my old setPutter: $15 from Wal-Mart (works for me!)Ball: Currently trying out E6

I think it was easy for Jr to join Hendrick. He wanted control of something that should of been his all along, and the evil stepmother was not going to allow it to happen. And Stewart wont be leaving Knaus behind, thats Jimmie Johnsons chief. He will be leaving Zipadelli.

Oh whoops, memory falters, I haven't watched since last season. You know what I mean though - it's gotta be tough to part with who's essentially your coach.

You really think Teresa was evil? Why do you say that?

• 3 weeks later...
Big fan of Dale Jr. Kinda bummed when he went to Hendrick's, but completely understood. Just can't stand Gordon or Johnson. Don't watch it as much as I used to. Would rather watch the final round of any golf tournament on a Sunday. Hope Tiger gets back soon cause even now, golf isn't the same.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

Big fan of Dale Jr. Kinda bummed when he went to Hendrick's, but completely understood. Just can't stand Gordon or Johnson. Don't watch it as much as I used to. Would rather watch the final round of any golf tournament on a Sunday. Hope Tiger gets back soon cause even now, golf isn't the same.

You know you can flip between channels right?

Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

Just wondering whos a fan and who your favorite drivers are.

hey there, yes I am a fan but have not been following it that much of late. Being an Aussie I'm all for Marcus Ambrose.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie....... OI, OI, OI ......

Could anyone explain to me why you enjoy Nascar so much, because for me personally boring, as you just watch cars go round and round at high speeds. Although I will say that the crashes are cool, not cool that the drivers may get hurt, but some of the bigger crashes just look cool. Thanks for any insight you may have for someone who doesn't find Nascar interesting at all.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Could anyone explain to me why you enjoy Nascar so much, because for me personally boring, as you just watch cars go round and round at high speeds. Although I will say that the crashes are cool, not cool that the drivers may get hurt, but some of the bigger crashes just look cool. Thanks for any insight you may have for someone who doesn't find Nascar interesting at all.

Honesty I have to say I agreed with you for most of my life. Oddly what got me into Nascar was a video game called Gran Turismo. When I was younger and had a lot more free time I would play this game daily. It was interesting and challenging to me to go throught the setup menus on the car and adjust things like, downforce, spring rates, toe in and out, gear ratios. etc. Then when I watched a Nascar race again I realized just how much setup knowledge is necesarry to make a real car run well week after week & track after track. Each driver is also a variable. Some are angry bitter and aggressive (Robby Gordon - whose in car channel I LOVE to listen to). Some are laid back and easy going (like Mark Martin). And each track is it's own entity as well, from 2 1/2 mile super speedways to 1/2 mile high banked ovals. The season goes on forever! If I miss 2 or 3 races I can get right back into it later. It's kinda like a soap opera with reoccuring characters and conflicts. There are always feuds and friendships. You'll also see plenty of corporate greed. Throw in a ruling comittee that can be viewed as evil or lifesaving and you have a mix for an ongoing saga. And when this year is over, if your guy didn't win, there is always next year. Racing kinda mirrors golf in the odds of winning. A baseball or football game will have a winner and a loser. Somewhat like in golf, your favorite nascar driver has a less than 50% chance of winning (1 in 43 to be specific). It's not the be all end all sport, but it is good to sleep to or drink beer to on a Sunday afternoon. And if you ever go to a race I garuntee you will be more into it than watching on TV.

Every race is a cup race. So all drivers race every Sunday (or sometimes Sat night) and all points matter. It's like having playoffs or the Superbowl every single week. You have to watch week to week, know the drivers, get into what's going on - if you watch one random week I can see how it might not be fun. The setup is even better than the PGA, I think, where guys can show up or they don't have to - you always know your favorite guys are going to be there.

I far prefer watching good racing - lead changes and passing and such - to wrecks. It's hard when guys that didn't do anything get tangled up in them - it's like watching a good player taken out by injury, you just don't want to see it happen. (Finishes under caution, in that vein, bite.)
Each driver is also a variable...

All these are true.

• 1 year later...
I was always a big Dale Sr fan and have liked junior as well, though his performance this last couple of years since he came to Hendrick has been disappointing, most notably since all the other 3 drivers have done well, even good ol Mark Martin, I really wanted to see him win the title last year but I knew he would come up short. Its nice to have more than one driver you root for in case your fav isnt doing so well. Or maybe an underdog, underfunded guy that pulls out a win, gotta love those. I think thats the case in any sport, not just racing. Nascar is the most competitive its ever been, they try to make the cars as equal as they can though the best teams know how to get a little more out of them(Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus), pushing the rules to the edge. But you have to know the limits much like the guys using the old wedges now, they're within the rules so thats all that matters.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

If you ever get the opportunity to got to a race live, you'll be hooked. I've been to Bristol once and 'Dega several times. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm a 24 fan.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

Love it! I'm in the majority, I'm a Jr fan. Not a band wagon Jr fan I've been an Earnhardt fan ever since I was introduced to Nascar when I was 3 or 4 years old. Not a big fan that Danica will be racing for JR motorsports but hey, it's a change I guess. Too many Indy drivers trying to make the conversions when really there is absolutely no comparison to an Indy car and a Nascar racecar. I personally hope she gets into the show and fails miserably. Montoya has been an up and comer for a while now even won a couple times but let's not forget how long it took him to get where he is now and still he's no where near the driver caliber of Jr, Johnson, Gordon or Martin, etc..

Can't wait for the 500 on Valentines Day! Going to be a barn burner!!!

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!