IGNORED

My 1st round of 09!

cubdog
Note: This thread is 5552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Beautiful weather today, low 60s although the wind was blowing 15 to 20 mph. My local course had 9 holes open playing to a par 37. Conditions were a combination of marshland and frozen tundra. I shot 43/43. It was the 1st time using my new TM R7 TPs. All in all I was very pleased. I hope everyone has a great season!

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

I played today as well here in Illinois. The wind was brutal, and I left several shots short thinking 1 or even 2 extra clubs was enough. The greens were pretty bad, with balls bouncing all over the place, and playing about as fast as my living room carpet, but I had a great time. The fact that I got to hit real golf balls on a real course in February within 10 min of my house was amazing.

The only other bad part was cartpath only. Round took about 4 hours just because we had to walk across the course quite a bit.

I can't wait to get out on a more regular basis.

P.S. Shot of the day was a 170 yard par 3 with water in front that my father in law came up short on. Lucky for him, parts of the pond were still frozen over. His ball actually bounced off the ice and up to safety right in front of the green - Oh, and he holed out a 30 yard shot for birdie on a par 3 that he came up 30 yards short on. Today was his lucky day.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

I'm gonna try to get out this afternoon. I think we're a day behind you on the winds.

We snuck in 18 a few weeks ago. But February golf around here is tough to squeeze in.

Jealous much?

Yes. Yes i am.

yesterday was the first time i saw grass all year. it was brown and dormant but it wasn't snow!!! Unfortunatly, the snow only melted alittle around people's houses and along the sides of the roads. There is still a solid 1-2 feet of snow in fields.

a message to all those in Illinois: screw you!

You have skiing though right?

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Beautiful weather today, low 60s although the wind was blowing 15 to 20 mph. My local course had 9 holes open playing to a par 37. Conditions were a combination of marshland and frozen tundra. I shot 43/43. It was the 1st time using my new TM R7 TPs. All in all I was very pleased. I hope everyone has a great season!

Man....an 86 on your 1st round out!!!!! I'd say that was super. Less than optimum course conditions and a brand new set of sticks as well. I'd shoot big numbers for sure. Well done.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!