IGNORED

Scorecard map question

squaddie
Note: This thread is 5517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This sounds dumb, but I can't figure out what some of unlabeled distance indicator dots mean on a scorecard I picked up for a course I will play in a few weeks. This particular scorecard was printed by New Pro Publications, and their website and card doesn't contain a legend for what the dots mean.

All of the par 4 and par 5 holes have a while dot and red dot in the middle of the fairways. Are those dots used to indicate distance, or the direction you should aim for when hitting off the same colored tee? This particular course only has three tee-off points (E. Gaynor Brennan muncipal, red=ladies, white and blue).

I'm thinking about how to play each hole beforehand and want to make sure I understand everything the maps should be telling me.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Normally on most courses I've playing on, blue means 200 yards, white 150, and red 100 or 75, depending on the course. And that's yards remaining to the pin / hole.

Courses around here have a colored stake system to tell you distance from the center of the green:

Yellow - 250 yards
Blue - 200 yards
White - 150 yards
Red - 100 yards
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Ah, ok, thanks, guys. I was wondering if the white dot meant 150 yds or half distance from tee, but could not tell from their placement. Back to my round planning :)

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Normally on most courses I've playing on, blue means 200 yards, white 150, and red 100 or 75, depending on the course. And that's yards remaining to the pin / hole.

never seen the red mean 75, but if you say so.

Courses around here have a colored stake system to tell you distance from the center of the green:

this is what I encounter the vast majority of times... blue, white, and red are almost always 200, 150, and 100... there is a little more variation for other yardages, but 250 is commonly yellow. At least this has been my experience everywhere I've played (Michigan, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, West Virginia)

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Just figure it out before you play! I went to a course in SouthEast Texas where I grew up and played with my dad. We assumed red = 100 and white = 150. Not until a handful of holes later did I actually look at the scorecard and see that red was 125 and white was 175. That explained a lot.........

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Just figure it out before you play! I went to a course in SouthEast Texas where I grew up and played with my dad. We assumed red = 100 and white = 150. Not until a handful of holes later did I actually look at the scorecard and see that red was 125 and white was 175. That explained a lot.........

Wow, those are awkward yardages to mark

In My Hunter Bag:

SQ Sumo2 5900 Driver 10.5
SQ Sumo2 3w 15
A3OS 4 Hybrid 4-PW x20 Uniflex Steel Tom Watson Chrome 52, 56, 60 Sudio Stainless Laguna 2.5 Raw Distance TitaniumGo Bears

Same around here.

Our home course adopted the practice of putting up 4ft tall stakes in the middle of the fairway at each of these distances. They are in great position on every hole and make excellent aiming points. It helps me to pick out just such a specific target. One of the guys I'm playing with today routinely hits these with his driver. Smooth swinging rascal has really gotten dialed in this year. I'd bet that's what those dots on the card are....the distances to the center of the greens. Great idea to work up the strategy ahead of time. Call up their pro shop and see if they sell yardage books...those can help you a lot with the greens, too. Don't see many of them available now...with the gps units leaping to the forefront....people make their own.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!