IGNORED

Sharing the Cost of Two Golf Carts

moe
Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is probably a really stupid question, but I've heard several different opinions on this and I'm wondering what the majority thinks.

For a threesome, what's the proper way to split the cost of two golf carts? Or, how would you work it out?

This is probably a really stupid question, but I've heard several different opinions on this and I'm wondering what the majority thinks.

I'd pay the extra $5 to not have to ride with someone who was worried about splitting up the cost. No, seriously, I can see why some people get concerned about this. I hate that if I play all by myself at any time of day, I pay $10 for the cart. But if one person joins me, we don't pay $5 each, we each pay $10. By that rationale, we should both get our own cart. Which suits me just fine. But if I were in a threesome, I'd rather ride alone. I'll pay for my own cart, too. No biggie. I love golfing by myself...

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

No, seriously, I can see why some people get concerned about this. I hate that if I play all by myself at any time of day, I pay $10 for the cart. But if one person joins me, we don't pay $5 each, we each pay $10. By that rationale, we should both get our own cart. Which suits me just fine.

all the courses ive played at do that and usually i make out cuz i walk... if i get partnered with someone with a cart they usually offer me a ride... havent been asked to pay yet

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Most of the courses I play split it regardless if there are 3 or 4 players. Meaning... Cart fees are per person instead of per cart.

Yep. At my home course it used to be the fee was per cart, but they changed that policy many years ago. Now it's a straight charge of $7.50 per rider per 9 holes, but a maximum of one cart for 1 or 2 riders in a group, or 2 carts for 3 or 4 riders. That is true at just about any place I've ever played in the last 20 years. When you see fees for cart mandatory courses it's always the same whether there is one rider in a cart or two. They don't charge extra for a single.

There's no good reason why a player should be punished just because he happens not to have a cart partner.
all the courses ive played at do that and usually i make out cuz i walk... if i get partnered with someone with a cart they usually offer me a ride... havent been asked to pay yet

Do that at my course (and most any course I play) and you will either get charged or kicked out. That's just plain theft.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have not played on a real course yet. But I've been looking at some different course prices. So the cart cost is really per person? My wife and I want to play and thought that it would be per pair?

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

Cart cost is per person at every course I've ever played.
Driver: G15 12*    /     FW: Exotics CB1 4-wood,   a4OS 5-wood
Hybrids Hi-bore 3,4-hybrids  /   Irons: G10 5-UW TFC 129i
Wedge Vokey SM 56*   /   Putter: Karsten Anser 

when me and my buddy get hit with the per cart fee, we say GIVE US TWO CARTS THEN! and we ride solo and play much faster.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Do that at my course (and most any course I play) and you will either get charged or kicked out. That's just plain theft.

i always walk and i have a pull cart...

so its kinda difficult to "steal" rides all the time unless im wearing my ninja golf outfit(its a joke)... and as far as catching a ride... its tuff holding the pull cart steady with your arm outstretched on the side of the golfcart... usually its hopping on the back standing up between the long walks off the last green to the next tee... while playing the hole... i walk... ive encountered many a marshall and have only got a "be careful not to fall off" as the only warning... never been kicked out or charged... they paired me up with someone who isnt walking... i should pay for that?

first come first served. Unless someone wants to walk. I usually want to walk, so my friends drive, while I carry my bags.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

ive encountered many a marshall and have only got a "be careful not to fall off" as the only warning... never been kicked out or charged...

No but if you only paid to walk, then you should walk. On my course the number of players in each cart is marked on the cart... if a course assistant sees 2 players riding in a cart marked for one, then he'll be all over you. That's just how it is.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's just how it is.

maybe the courses over there are smart enough to not pair up walkers with riders... not over here...

i totally understand what youre saying... but did you not read that i walk with the exception of maybe a long walk between holes? like ive said... nobody's ever said anything to me and its no big deal for me to pay if told to... dont know about the getting kicked out part... its just a rider showing a walker some courtesy and also not wanting to slow down the pace of the rider between holes... i could think of worse things to get kicked out for

Most of the courses I play split it regardless if there are 3 or 4 players. Meaning... Cart fees are per person instead of per cart.

ditto here... and that is as it should be.

I prefer to walk, but if 3 are playing and using carts, we take the cost of the 2 carts and divide by 3.

I walk much of the time too, but if I did encounter this with a threesome, I would offer to split it up 3-ways or just say "who wants to walk today"... not like a solo walker can't keep up with two in a cart.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Our course has a clear policy on this:

• Each riding player is charged for the cart fee
  • You are expected to fill up the carts unless there are an odd number of players in which case one will ride alone.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

At my public course where I play, they charge by the cart. 16 bucks per cart, rather their's one player or two.

boxcar

Great Divider cart bag
Orlimar Fury II QB 10.5* driver
Wilson Fatshaft 3 metal 15*
Wilson Fatshaft 5 metal 18*
Wilson Fatshaft 7 metal 21*Fastrax 5 26* HybridPing G2 6-PWPing 52*,56* & 60* i series wedgesPing G2i Craz-e 33" hozel putterSrixon Z-urs ball

Do any of your courses charge for someone to drive/ride and not play? On the weekends we ride and walk during the week. My new course doesn't charge for my wife to drive my 13 year old. I share a cart with our 15 year old. She can't play due to a shoulder injury. Old club used to charge her the same cart fee as the rest of us. One of the reasons it's my old club...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Do any of your courses charge for someone to drive/ride and not play? On the weekends we ride and walk during the week. My new course doesn't charge for my wife to drive my 13 year old. I share a cart with our 15 year old. She can't play due to a shoulder injury. Old club used to charge her the same cart fee as the rest of us. One of the reasons it's my old club...

My wife drives for me at the courses around Memphis all the time, my home course for sure has no issues with it. I haven't found one that had a problem with it.

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!