IGNORED

Help on uphill lies.

Note: This thread is 5485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ball forward? Ball back? Weight forward? Weight back? Open stance? Square stance. I am confused. I find I end up hitting the uphill lies fat. Can anyone help?

I play them with my weight foward, the ball is a little back, and i sorta have an open stance. Feel around, and find out what works for you...everyone's different.

On uphill and downhill lies, I play the ball a little back. The key on uphill (and downhill lies) is to adjust your stance so that your shoulders are as parallel to the ground as possible (for uphill lies, it does help to open the stance a bit). Keep in mind that uphill lies add loft to the club, so you might have to take more club (especially into the wind)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

To make solid contact on uphill lies I play the ball slightly back in my stance and try to keep my shoulders parallal with the slope of the hill and be careful not to sway back.

The ball will draw on uphill lies so take that into acount when you aim and depending on the slope the ball will fly higher so you might need more club. practice makes almost perfect in golf.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

To make solid contact on uphill lies I play the ball slightly back in my stance and try to keep my shoulders parallal with the slope of the hill and be careful not to sway back.

exactly... right on... can't even think of anything to add... well put... nice explanation... good work... keep it up.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I keep the weight on my front foot from the start and move the ball back a bit. I do not want to end up hitting it fat. Shifting weight on a slope is not easy, you could end up with all the weight on the right foot and falling backwards. That's why I emphasize weight on the front foot. Make a short turn and be sure I catch the ball solid on the downswing. Depending on how steep it is, I might do a punch shot and just get the ball out of there. One or two clubs more, shorter swing and just punching the ball into the ground and up.

Take 10 balls, find a slope and practice these shots. They are not hard, but needs to be practiced. Don't try to get to the hole with a full swing. One or two clubs more and making sure you strike the ball well is something I would advice

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great Advice! UTexas

On uphill and downhill lies, I play the ball a little back. The key on uphill (and downhill lies) is to adjust your stance so that your shoulders are as parallel to the ground as possible (for uphill lies, it does help to open the stance a bit). Keep in mind that uphill lies add loft to the club, so you might have to take more club (especially into the wind)

Only thing I would add is make sure your shoulders remain parallel to the slope thru your swing, and be careful not to sway to your right side. Take a slightly wider stance and build resistance inside your right leg to prevent gravity from taking over.

To Long Straight Drives
Rick Pogany

In the Bag
Blue Hawk XT30 8.5 Firm 47"Proto-type 5 wood Blue Hawk ShaftProto-type 7 wood Blue Hawk ShaftPing I3 Blades 4-LWRife Hybrid Mallet 34"ProV1

Yes shoulders must stay parallel to ground, normal reverse K setup except more weight on left foot to insure a complete turn otherwise you will hang back on right foot and hit a pull.

uttexas, good stuff. It definitely adds loft to the club. I would echo as well taking one more club but adding that you should then use a 3/4 swing, assuming you were originally going to play the shot with a full swing and one less club. Does this make sense, guys?

And yea, align your shoulders to the slope so you don't approach the ball at too steep of an angle and hit it fat or hinder your follow-through.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!