IGNORED

What Wedge to Add?

Note: This thread is 5435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right know I have a P wedge and a 56 deg sand wedge. I have been thinking of adding another wedge. Would you guys recomend a Gap wedge or a 60 deg wedge? I really like my sand wedge and have been using that for all shots under 100 yards including chipping.

Mark

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

I at one point had PW - 48, GW - 52, SW - 56, and LW - 60 but took out the LW. Now I'm thinking of replacing the LW with the GW or just take both out the bag. So I don't think you NEED to get another wedge. What is your distance gap between PW and SW.

« Keith »

I really like my 50* Vokey. I use it out of the rough for short shots where it is too easy to come up short with the 58*. I also chip with it and hit shots in the 110-65y range with it.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

Get a GW of 50-52 deg and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how often you end up using this club. The PW of today is actually a 9i of yesteryear. So the GW is really a PW....

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

todays SGI and GI clubs have much stronger lofts then those of yesterday. My pitching wedge for example is rated at 45 degrees. It is always easiest to be able to take the same repeatable swing time and time again and get repeatable results. To that extent, it is advisable to have as few yardage gaps as possible. If you are comfortable taking a full swing with your 56 degree sandwedge, you will find that adding a gap wedge will help quite a bit.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

You can't beat the versatility of 60* log wedge. It saves more strokes than any other club in my bag when I need it most. Not to mention the pressure it takes off my putter getting it closer greenside etc.

I really love my 60*. I can really hit any type of shot with it, if I have 20 metres I can get it to stop, 50 metres to stop. Or let it a run a little, chip with it, I really recommend one because they're so versatile. You can't demo both?

Note: This thread is 5435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!