IGNORED

Texans

Saint
Note: This thread is 5341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

San Antonio, here.

Mainly been playing at Olmos Basin, as I get discounts via my monthly membership at San Pedro Driving/PnP. Also played Alamo Golf Club... once. Preferably that was my last time playing on their hardpan dirt fairways.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

Dallas here....been here a little over 2 yrs and love it, so many courses and I've haven't even really scraped the surface. I normally stick to sherrill park, firewheel, ridgeview ranch, riverchase and frisco lakes, but im starting to venture out more too.

wheres all the austin people???

i live in austin... have a city membership and play morris williams all the time. whenever im not being lazy and feel like driving the long 15 minute drive i go south and play jimmy clay. if i rreally want to mix it up i play lions. and if im feeling reaaalllly crazy ill play hancock (oldest course in texas! and its more like a crazy weird cross between pitch and putt and modern golf courses)

I play riverside every now and then when a friend wants to go.

Anyone on here feel like pointing me in the direction of a nice course between austin and houston?

i played one in bastrop. definitely scenic.... but not worth the drive to me... I'd prefer a reasonably maintained course.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Dallas here....been here a little over 2 yrs and love it, so many courses and I've haven't even really scraped the surface. I normally stick to sherrill park, firewheel, ridgeview ranch, riverchase and frisco lakes, but im starting to venture out more too.

I work in Plano. Play Pecan Hollow several times a week after work.

Just started playing at Los Rios, fewer people, faster play. If you ever want to do Sherrill park in the weekday afternoons..let me know. It can be hard to get on sometimes as a walkup.

I live in Kyle and play at Plum Creek once a week, sometimes more. I have pretty much played all of the local Austin courses. Love Grey Rock.

Have you tried Shadow Glen in Manor. Tough. Also, how much is the city membership? What are the fees each round? I love Kizer.

Corpus Christi here. Only two places in Corpus for quality golf... First is Corpus Christi Country Club and the second is Newport Dunes (it's actually in Port Aransas).

God, I love Newport Dunes. I have played all of the courses around Austin and quite a few around San Antonio, but none are as cool as Newport Dunes. I love that place and the mango towels.

Hey, new here. I'm from Houston but I'm currently in the military stationed in Virginia. I'll be seperating and moving back to Tx at the end of this month for at least a month or two.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

Graduated from UT early 90s, now in DFW. Played Mo Williams countless times. Love the course. I also recommend Bluebonnett Hill. http://www.bluebonnethillgolf.com/ If your game is on, play Crystal Falls in Leander. Great course for the price. http://www.crystalfallsgolf.com/golf.../crystalfalls/

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I live in Kyle and play at Plum Creek once a week, sometimes more. I have pretty much played all of the local Austin courses. Love Grey Rock.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/membership.htm I got the cheaper one because I live in the middle of morris williams, lions, and hancock... and I'm usually too lazy to drive south. I also don't like going out on overcrowded weekends so it works for me. I haven't tried shadow glen in manor but have driven past a couple of times taking a quick glance... how is it? a friend of mine went and told me it was one of the nicest courses he's played... i was thinking of giving it a shot.

Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

twin lakes in canton

looked it up... course definitely looks nice but i was hoping for something along 290... or 71/i10.

Graduated from UT early 90s, now in DFW. Played Mo Williams countless times. Love the course. I also recommend Bluebonnett Hill.

i played bluebonnet a couple times when i first started golfing... definitely some good memories of the place. have really been wanting to go back now that im better and see whats what.

is crystal falls worth driving all the way out past leander? i have a coupon for the place so ive been pretty tempted... but keep wondering how nice a place it is.

Crystal Falls is a very scenic course and will challenge your game. Like most courses in central Texas, it is prone to burned out grass. It is definitely worth the drive. I'd go some time in October once you all get some more rain.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

looked it up... course definitely looks nice but i was hoping for something along 290... or 71/i10.

I haven't been out there in a while, but I remember Crystal Falls as being a great course. Lot's of elevation changes. I heard they leveled the fairways on a few holes since I have been out there which would seem to make the course much more fair. The 2nd hole is a cool hole. I would definitely recommend checking it out. Make a day of it and play 36 and check out Avery Ranch as well. Another great course.

Shadow Glen is very tough. I've played it three times and each time it kicks my butt. Tricky greens, lots of dog legs, unusual design, great opening hole, and somewhat long. It always seems to be in great shape and is the toughest course I've played in the area.

I live in Kerrville, which is NW of San Antonio on I-10. When I play out of town, I normally play in S.A., but I have played a few courses in and near Austin. I just played Ram Rock at Horseshoe Bay. What a great course.. Those are the smallest greens I have ever played except Walden on Lake Conroe, just north of Houston. A course I really like in San Antonio is Olimpia Hills. It is on the north east side, near I-35 and 1604.

A friend of mine is the Head Pro at Plum Creek. If anyone wants to get a game, I'll see if I can get us a cut rate.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Note: This thread is 5341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!