IGNORED

different grips?

mazza78
Note: This thread is 5173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What grip do you use?

• Interlocking
    • Overlapping
    • Baseball

i went through all three. when i made the first swings at the range, just for fun back then, i was using baseball. i then saw a video which talked about both the interlock and vardon grip. after playing with the interlock for a short while, I switched to the vardon (overlap) and i'm now much more consistent with my shots (i have no idea whether it's the grip or my "improved swing").

Overlapping a la Ben Hogan. Started with an interlock, but know that feels to constricted.

5000 9.5 Graphite deisgn ys6+ stiff
Insight 3 wood stiff
4 hybrid
:I10 3-w AWT Stiff blue dot
X tour 58, 54:VPNXT Tour

I use the interlocking grip. I feel that both hands are able to work as one better this way. I used to have the baseball grip, but that was when I just started and was not very consistant. Switching grips feels weird at first, but over time, you grow used to it and it feels really weird if you try to go back to the original.
Whatever is most comfy and consistant, go with it.

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

Interlock. A couple years ago, read that the overlap was recommended (by various places) and tried it. Used it for a while, then decided it just wasn't comfortable. It causes rubbing between my finger joints in an uncomfortable way. The interlock just fits together much better and lets me get a repeatable grip without thinking too hard.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I currently use an interlocking grip.

Played with the overlap for the longest time until I began to develop a pretty serious callus/gash on my outer left index where the pinky sits between index and middle.

That thing was gnarly and I didn't want to go through that again so I started interlocking...this was about a year and half ago.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I currently use an interlocking grip.

Your hands are sliding around if that's happening. You will develop some minor callous there, and perhaps have some discomfort, but it shouldn't last long. If it continues, however, then that's something to look into. I think 9 times out of 10 it's a sign of swinging too hard.

Note: This thread is 5173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!