IGNORED

swing too flat

fish0filet
Note: This thread is 6436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

over the past few weeks ive been taking some lessons, and one thing the teacher pointed out was the my swing was too flat and i had an out to in swing. Well, he told me to widen my stance and hit down on the ball, it some times works, but when it does work i end up taking a slight divot with my 3 wood. But when i do take a divot my ball is CRUSHED, high far with a slight slight fade. Any tips to learn to hit down on the ball?

Woah Whats course is that

wait a second.. you're from Scotland and you don't know ???

hehehe... it's because it's the only "american" course out there... St. Andrews Bay Links, Devlin Course. As much "american" feel for a links course as you can get - more of the Pebble Beach look than Old Course Resort owned by american company (actually recently sold to a canadian company) - according to caddies locals HATE it... doesn't fit in the St. Andrews bay at all. Sweet views though, no doubt.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

over the past few weeks ive been taking some lessons, and one thing the teacher pointed out was the my swing was too flat and i had an out to in swing. Well, he told me to widen my stance and hit down on the ball, it some times works, but when it does work i end up taking a slight divot with my 3 wood. But when i do take a divot my ball is CRUSHED, high far with a slight slight fade. Any tips to learn to hit down on the ball?

I had a really flat swing for a long time and got it vertical by bending more from my hips. If you change your spine angle so it isn't as upright, it helps.

If you're Rafi, well, then give up because he's a mess. Just look at that right wrist.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

If you're Rafi, well, then give up because he's a mess. Just look at that right wrist.

somehow I was sure that there will be SOMETHING coming from you and it won't be nice

I guess you still haven forgiven me for my laser-accurate bladed approach shots during the last year's match, huh ???

...he's a mess. Just look at that right wrist.

just for the record - what you see there is a 5 iron that ended up left of the bunkers, 230yds away. About a foot from where I imagine it in my preshot routine. I guess whatever you see in the picture gets corrected further down the swing plane

just for the record - what you see there is a 5 iron that ended up left of the bunkers, 230yds away. About a foot from where I imagine it in my preshot routine. I guess whatever you see in the picture gets corrected further down the swing plane

Did you blade it down there?

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Did you blade it down there?

here we go , I

DID hit the sore spot But seriously - no, it was pured. slight down wind and hard scottish fairways did the rest. Honestly I didn't know my swing is such a mess until I saw this picture. The trip (end of August) was probably my best ball-striking streak in a while, swings felt perfect.... However I get to square it at impact is a miracle to me. It just shows you how important it is to get a once-a-month check up with a teaching Pro. You can do so much wrong, that feel so good (get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking golf swing!).

I know you don't like being flat, but it looks like you have a really good base and use your legs well.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

If you want to hit down on the ball with a little more inside path, try thinking about jamming your right elbow into your side on the downswing.

Also, on the way back, try to get the club as far away from you as possible (straight back)...really reaching out, making your swing as wide as possible. This can help get you more upright.

hope this helps

Note: This thread is 6436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!