IGNORED

New 3 wood

walfice
Note: This thread is 4937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm thinking of getting a new 3 wood and considering the 909 f2 or mizuno mp titanium. Which of these, along with my r9 is the most forgiving? The mizuno looks great but seems to have such a small face at address. Also, does the titanium face give any noticeable increase in distance? My main requirement for a 3 wood is to hit it straight off the tee, distance and workability are not as important. Or should I just stick with the r9, it is long and straight but I do not seem to be able to hit it out of the middle consistently.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

What weight shaft is in the R9? I use the 909 F2 15.5 and it's not the most forgiving, plus on of the least used in my bag.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

I have not hit the Mizuno, but I can say the TM is more forgiving than the Titleist.

What's in my Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag that sits on my Clic Gear 3.0 Push Cart:
Driver TaylorMade Tour Burner 10.5° Fujikura SuperFast Stiff
3W TaylorMade Burner 15° TM REAX Stiff
Hybrid Cobra Baffler Rail H 19° Fujikura Motore Stiff
Irons TaylorMade  R7 3-PWWedges Cleveland CG14 52°.10 and...

It's a 70g stiff motore shaft
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I'm thinking of getting a new 3 wood and considering the 909 f2 or mizuno mp titanium. Which of these, along with my r9 is the most forgiving? The mizuno looks great but seems to have such a small face at address. Also, does the titanium face give any noticeable increase in distance? My main requirement for a 3 wood is to hit it straight off the tee, distance and workability are not as important. Or should I just stick with the r9, it is long and straight but I do not seem to be able to hit it out of the middle consistently.

i struggled with my r9 3 wood after i got it. i was slicing quite a bit. i finally adjusted the FCT to the left and have been ripping it long and straight. this just happened 2 days ago, so i'm still evaluating it, but so far i love the club.

now if i can only fix my short game, maybe i can have a handicap that's gives me better street cred..

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Note: This thread is 4937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!