IGNORED

Good three piece ball

Note: This thread is 3196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Seriously?? Hahahahahaha

… Sorry, couldn't help it. When I think Top Flight I think of range balls or something I find and throw back into the water or bushes I found it in. If you're going to go to a Top Flight might as well play the Nike MOJO, its $20 for 24 balls…

Our local ranges use Srixon range balls. Maybe that's why I associate Srixon with range balls. There's no way I'm playing a yellow Srixon. I tried the Trispeeds last spring. Okay, but overall not for me. The compression is too low, like a Laddie, Elite 50 or Nike PD Soft - longish off the tee, but balloon off the irons and short irons go too far. I might go back to something like the Trispeed when I'm older.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I purchased some Trispeed tours a couple of months back and now its the only ball in my bag, everything else was given to friends to get rid of them.

Try them and you will realsie just how good they are.

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Originally Posted by Chris G

I purchased some Trispeed tours a couple of months back and now its the only ball in my bag, everything else was given to friends to get rid of them.

Try them and you will realsie just how good they are.

i may have to get a sleeve of the trispeed and i may try the e6 and compare. I guess they say e6 has less side spin off the tee how about the trispeeds.

The original gamer seemed to scuff easily to me.

But the gamerV2, the newer version, that's a GREAT ball for the price. I buy a box every now and then. Great alternative to more expensive balls, and playable around the greens. Nothing like previous Top Flite balls that are just plain hard.

I just bought 2 dozen Gamer V2s yesterday ($15 per box). I have a lot of "straight" balls (Wilson Eco Cores, Top Flite D2 Feels, and Top Flite XL Tours) to go through this spring, then when the rust is off, it's Gamer time.

Originally Posted by ovechkingreat8

The original gamer seemed to scuff easily to me.

But the gamerV2, the newer version, that's a GREAT ball for the price. I buy a box every now and then. Great alternative to more expensive balls, and playable around the greens. Nothing like previous Top Flite balls that are just plain hard.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Seriously?? Hahahahahaha

… Sorry, couldn't help it. When I think Top Flight I think of range balls or something I find and throw back into the water or bushes I found it in. If you're going to go to a Top Flight might as well play the Nike MOJO, its $20 for 24 balls…

Man, I don't get this reaction at all!  I mean, I see as many Srixon range balls as Top Flight.  Pinnacles too.  If you haven't played the gamer v2 then I wouldn't bash them because it makes you look like an idiot to those of us who know what a solid ball it is.

I've yet to find a ball that matches the prov1x.  That's what I usually have in my bag.  But, I'll tell you right now that there is not a ball that comes close to it in the $20 range except for the v2 gamer.  It's soft, it spins, it's long, it's workable, it's durable, and it's cheap.

Try it.

And there is NO doubt that a decent player can tell the difference between balls.  I can't stand to play cheap balls on approach shots and around greens because they do not react properly.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Originally Posted by franky21

i just purchased a dozen of the srixon tri speed tour balls when i finish these i will try the gamers and compare them

The Trispeed is a really good ball for the money, but my personal opinion was it has the same flaw as a few other 'value performance" balls (e.g. most of the Wilson Staff balls). The compression is too low which can lead to some distance control and trajectory issues (for me at least - low skill level is also a factor). I tended to hit the Trispeeds too high and at least a 1/2 club too long. Most balls in that class are plenty long off the tee and with long irons, which is awesome, but when you're < 175 yards from the green you want consistent distance, not "more distance". There were rounds where I was playing relatively well, but was penalized with flown greens. It's a downer and erodes your confidence. I didn't notice any distance control issues with the Gamer V2s.

Anyway, I suspect Callaway execs have some interesting board room discussions. They make value balls (i.e. anything with a "Top Flite" logo) that's outperform similiar balls with Callaway logos. At least they still have Phil pushing their tour balls.

• 4 years later...
I tried the rocketballz urethane balls today and sunk 2 chips! I am a new believer! The only problem is I don't think they make them any more. I say this to say a urethane, 3 piece ball is the direction I am headed!

I tried the rocketballz urethane balls today and sunk 2 chips! I am a new believer! The only problem is I don't think they make them any more. I say this to say a urethane, 3 piece ball is the direction I am headed!

They still make them, but now they are called the Project "a".  They were my ball of choice until about six months ago.

Now I'd say the best bang for you buck has got to be the Snell "My Tour" ball.

Randal

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They still make them, but now they are called the Project "a".  They were my ball of choice until about six months ago.

Now I'd say the best bang for you buck has got to be the Snell "My Tour" ball.

I just bought some Project "a" balls. They were the same price as the Snell "My Tour" balls so I'm going to see how they play compared to those balls. I really liked the Snell ball, but having to order them and wait for them to arrive as opposed to just being able to pick them up is a small annoyance. However, through the off season I may just watch for the multi dozen order discounts and build up a good supply of the Snell's. To be honest, $30 a dozen for golf balls for me is a little more than I feel like I should pay for my rate of ball loss but I haven't found a cheaper ball I like enough to keep buying.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I just bought some Project "a" balls. They were the same price as the Snell "My Tour" balls so I'm going to see how they play compared to those balls. I really liked the Snell ball, but having to order them and wait for them to arrive as opposed to just being able to pick them up is a small annoyance. However, through the off season I may just watch for the multi dozen order discounts and build up a good supply of the Snell's. To be honest, $30 a dozen for golf balls for me is a little more than I feel like I should pay for my rate of ball loss but I haven't found a cheaper ball I like enough to keep buying.

I ordered a box of 50 TaylorMade Lethal golf balls from the TM website for $100. Pretty good price $2 each, $24 per dozen for that ball. Then I found out they have them here in MB at the TM outlet store for $80 per 50 pack. I may stock up while they are still around. ** sorry if this is OT, Lethal is not a 3 p ball. **

I ordered a box of 50 TaylorMade Lethal golf balls from the TM website for $100. Pretty good price $2 each, $24 per dozen for that ball.

Then I found out they have them here in MB at the TM outlet store for $80 per 50 pack. I may stock up while they are still around.

** sorry if this is OT, Lethal is not a 3 p ball. **

When Snell has the mult-order discounts the price per ball gets pretty low, I just can't typically commit 80+ for just golf balls at a time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Snell MTB

MG C4

Callaway Chrome Soft

Callaway Chrome Speed

TM Project (a)

TM lethal (5 not 3)

TM any of the urethane covered balls on sale

Srixon Z-star

Maxli U/3

and others..

Not the NXT Tour or Tour-S. It's the most overpriced Suryln or "Fusablend" covered ball I can think of.

LOL, i giggle at some of the threads that are like this..... its like a small penis showing contest.......

i myself like playing the Maxfli's   i bought 3 dozen of the U/3's from dicks a few weeks ago @ 15$ a dozen... ..   and then a couple weeks later i decided to try the Maxfli Softfli's and had one of the better rounds in a long time... and i did not lose a single ball either.....  while i like the U/3's a lot..... i really like the Softfli's just as much...

there are plenty of good golf balls out there..... some are 2 piece and some are the 3 or 4 piece ....    not everyone will like a certain ball or have good experiences with Brand X golf ball.....

It is what it is

My initial impression of the Project (a) ball is good. Good distance and feel. I know that, given the soft cover, the ball should have good spin. However the greens were exceptionally hard last night so it was near impossible to get any check on my shots. Even a towering wedge shot from an elevated tee barely dented the green. So, outside of not really being able to get any good indications on how the greenside spin or approach shot checking are, the ball definitely did wall in all the other categories for me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 3196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!