IGNORED

Shotly Grab Bag Deal

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They claimed in dealing with this mess they don't keep anything in inventory so I'd be surprised if anything shipped when it said it did.  Some questionable businesses (not saying Shotly is) will change the sales status to ship as justification to bill your credit card.  When the money hits their account they purchase the items so that they don't have to use their cash to fund the purchase.  It appears that many Shotly customers have complained about the time it takes to receive the products they order so you might want to wait a bit longer or try to call them.

Originally Posted by TN94z

So, I haven't been back through the thread lately....has anyone from Shotly replied here?  I ordered some balls off their site.  I filled out the contact form from their site as it has been a little while since I ordered and haven't heard back yet.  I also sent one of their reps here a PM and haven't gotten a reply here yet.  I was going to give it a little while longer and then dispute the charge with my credit card company.  Two of my items on the site have said "shipped" every since they were first ordered and one of the items still says "active."  Between this thread and no contact, I beginning to get concerned about receiving my order.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

They claimed in dealing with this mess they don't keep anything in inventory so I'd be surprised if anything shipped when it said it did.  Some questionable businesses (not saying Shotly is) will change the sales status to ship as justification to bill your credit card.  When the money hits their account they purchase the items so that they don't have to use their cash to fund the purchase.  It appears that many Shotly customers have complained about the time it takes to receive the products they order so you might want to wait a bit longer or try to call them.

Thanks.  Yeah, I planned on giving them the benefit of the doubt on the time.  I mean, I am in no hurry for the golf balls.  I was just buying them because they were cheap. But I don't want to wait a month before hearing anything either.  I had set a certain date for arrival that I would go by before getting to worried with them.  But it really shouldn't be that hard to give some kind of update though, you know?  I understand the cash thing.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Just an update... here is what I said to open the dispute, and what Shotly responded to PayPal with. He doesn't even respond to the fact that I mentioned that it should be $25 or greater in value!!! I have just given more evidence to PayPal regarding this debacle, so it should be an easy case to decide for them.

• 10/1/2011 08:27 PDT - Seller : You can see quite clearly what the details of this transaction were about. It was a grab bag and we clearly communicated what they could get (good, bad or indifferent). http://shotly.com/deals/the-first-ever-shotly-grab-bag-could-be-gold-or-could-be-old/
  • 9/30/2011 07:42 PDT - Buyer : I was told by Shotly that the items that I received, whether be old or gold, would be worth $25 MSRP or above. I have checked numerous websites, and a local store, and the items I have received are not worth $25 MSRP or more, and I would like to return them for a full refund.

Originally Posted by jeffRRy

Just an update... here is what I said to open the dispute, and what Shotly responded to PayPal with. He doesn't even respond to the fact that I mentioned that it should be $25 or greater in value!!! I have just given more evidence to PayPal regarding this debacle, so it should be an easy case to decide for them.

10/1/2011 08:27 PDT - Seller: You can see quite clearly what the details of this transaction were about. It was a grab bag and we clearly communicated what they could get (good, bad or indifferent). http://shotly.com/deals/the-first-ever-shotly-grab-bag-could-be-gold-or-could-be-old/

9/30/2011 07:42 PDT - Buyer: I was told by Shotly that the items that I received, whether be old or gold, would be worth $25 MSRP or above. I have checked numerous websites, and a local store, and the items I have received are not worth $25 MSRP or more, and I would like to return them for a full refund.

i think what's going to kill you is in the link that shotly provided, it doesn't say anything about the value of the items you'll receive.  regardless of what they told you on this site, the deal itself says nothing about the items being worth > $25.

it sounds like shotly screwed you guys.. though it will be the only time since they obviously won't be able to pull this off again...

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

i think what's going to kill you is in the link that shotly provided, it doesn't say anything about the value of the items you'll receive.  regardless of what they told you on this site, the deal itself says nothing about the items being worth > $25.

it sounds like shotly screwed you guys.. though it will be the only time since they obviously won't be able to pull this off again...

It's actually at that same link but in the comments section:

J Friday, September 9 2011

Is what we get worth $25?

• shotly Friday, September 9 2011

Indeed it is…. good question. In fact on some it will be worth well more.

I think it was that comment along with the poor fulfillment that made everyone so upset.

Originally Posted by brit-rob

I actually bought one of these from a different site and it was great...... I am definitely curious about this, so I will probably give into it and buy.

Good luck everyone!

This deal is already over and it is surrounded by terrible feedback and complaints. You're seriously skipping over the entire thread and negative feedback and you're still interested in purchasing one? lol I'm actually lost for words, no offense.

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

I disagree.  Shotly screwed themselves by clearly advertising a $250 value at a 90% discount on the grab bag page, right above where the "Buy" button was.  While none of us actually expected a $250 value (it's worth about $2.50), the fact they could not even honor their $25 comment is what has initiated this terrible feedback and some disputes.  The $250 value at a 90% discount advertisement is what I will be using for leverage in my dispute, not the $25 MSRP comment.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Also, anyone on Facebook should read Shotly's wall.  More and more dissatisfied customers are popping up. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shotly-Golf-Daily-Deals/106254749459912?sk=wall

Always changing:

I have tried a few times to call them but never get to talk with anyone.  I always have to leave a message and never get a return call.  I'm not even ugly with my message.  I am just calling to check on the status. If I don't hear back from my last message soon then I will dispute with my credit card. I know this isn't about the grab bag deal, but might as well keep the complaints in the same thread.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Just spoke with someone over the phone at PayPal. Although they can't say too much, Shotly is being investigated by them at this time.

The lady at PayPal read over what I had, and instantly gave my account a credit of $25. They can't do much about the $5 shipping charge, though... but that is okay, I got $25 back and a couple of cheapo golf things!

PayPal FTMFW!!!

Originally Posted by jeffRRy

Just spoke with someone over the phone at PayPal. Although they can't say too much, Shotly is being investigated by them at this time.

Good, I hope they lose their merchant privileges.

Always changing:

Yeah!  I've always been skeptical about these online daily deal sites and I just noticed that another one, DoGolf.com , came out with another deal for a "Mystery Box". I purchased one they had before for $20, but did not receive what I thought was a "good" compilation of prizes.  Pretty much what you all are saying here.  I was a little hesitant to purchase another DoGolf "box", but I think they have a more transparent deal and have listed out ALL the items that we can potentially receive. Whatever, I just bought a couple hoping to get that grand prize driver.  The way I see if, if I end up with even one of the other prizes, I'd be happy. Hell, if I end up with just an umbrella, I think I wouldn't mind since winter is starting to roll around.  At least this time around, I'll know what I'm getting on the low end.

Originally Posted by LAGolfer7070

The way I see if, if I end up with even one of the other prizes, I'd be happy. Hell, if I end up with just an umbrella, I think I wouldn't mind since winter is starting to roll around.  At least this time around, I'll know what I'm getting on the low end.

I must be glutton for punishment.  I just bought the mystery deal from dogolf.com.  So far I've enjoyed the bag of crap from woot and the mystery deal from nailed it golf so I figure I'm 2 out of 3 the odds are good I'll like this too.  Them adding the other items makes me feel a bit more confident.

To ensure I receive some good stuff in the mail I also bought two hybrids from divot.com today.  They have the nike vr for $49.99, by the end of this I'm gonna have all new stuff and my wife is going to want a divorce.  :)

The way I see if, if I end up with even one of the other prizes, I'd be happy. Hell, if I end up with just an umbrella, I think I wouldn't mind since winter is starting to roll around.  At least this time around, I'll know what I'm getting on the low end.

Interesting take on the "grab bag" that other sites have run. I haven't seen it outline exactly what the winning prizes will be in other such promotions. Given it outlines you'll receive at least one of the items displayed there's some built in comfort. Also, there have only been 15 or so purchased at this point. The likelihood of winning the driver or some other featured item is quite high at this point. Great odds...

I also am usually a bit skeptical about these things, but the up side to this far out-ways any downside. You know exactly what the lowest value "prize" is its still a pretty good one... def worth the price of the Box.

I am going to buy at least two of these and if i get two of the same product, then thats one Christmas present taken care of..... But of course I am hoping for a Nike Driver or Wedge

Yeah!  I've always been skeptical about these online daily deal sites and I just noticed that another one, DoGolf.com, came out with another deal for a "Mystery Box". I purchased one they had before for $20, but did not receive what I thought was a "good" compilation of prizes.  Pretty much what you all are saying here.  I was a little hesitant to purchase another DoGolf "box", but I think they have a more transparent deal and have listed out ALL the items that we can potentially receive. Whatever, I just bought a couple hoping to get that grand prize driver.  The way I see if, if I end up with even one of the other prizes, I'd be happy. Hell, if I end up with just an umbrella, I think I wouldn't mind since winter is starting to roll around.  At least this time around, I'll know what I'm getting on the low end.

This same exact post has now been copied and pasted onto every single golf forum on the internet. A simple google search of "DoGolf Mystery Box" will return the results. I understand that you guys are marketing your own company, but you should really create a unique username such as "DoGolf" and promote your company in a legitimate manner. Don't pose as a random individual who came across the deal and simply felt the fire under their wallet to purchase one.

After shotly's shady business practices, the last thing you want to do is use this grade-school, grass roots approach at marketing and advertising.

• Upvote 2

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!