IGNORED

Golf Magazine vs. Golf Digest

bSd
Note: This thread is 5766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Golf Magazine or Golf Digest?

• Golf Magazine
    • Golf Digest
    • Other

I love Golf World. Theyre articles and statistics are breathtaking. I want to say that they run a good show every week and have great advertisements in their magazine

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

golf punk....its got tha ladies in it

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

i like golf digest the best. The articles and stuff there is much more helpful.
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

My wife actually sent in my subscription to Golf digest when she saw what I was paying at the newsstand. I was waiting until they made some cool offer like an equipment bag or a sleeve of balls.

Now I am watching for Golf Magazine to offer some cool gift and I will subscribe to them too.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

they are both full of useless instruction garbage that almost never works
i like the club test, though

my choice is golf week

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I like Golf Digest but maybe I need to look into Golf Magazine.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

• 2 months later...
I have been a LONG time subscriber to Golf Digest and I've always enjoyed getting them in the mail, usually the day they come I'll scan through it cover to cover for about an hour or so. I have recently made the decision to try GOLF for a while and as of now I'm letting my GD subscription expire. I can't say that I feel the same love for GOLF though so far, I mean it's cool to get and I flip through it but I don't seem to like it as much as GD, is it just because I'm not familiar with it yet and it'll come to grow on me or is GD the better mag?

So finally, which mag do you subscribe to? Why one or the other? I'd like to just keep both, but I think one is my limit. Between all the sales catalogs and the magazines my wife complains about the golf mags and such.

So what's your take?
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I'm subscribed to golf digest because it was only $12 the year lol. I haven't read GOLF so I wouldn't be able to answer.

What does GOLF offer???

I actually get Golf for free now since my girlfriend ordered some clubs online...I still like GD better, but I think it is getting too old/predictable. My main problem is that GD has tips but it doesn't tell you what type of player the tips focus on. Also, they tend to fill it with tips from star players who probably don't have time to be as helpful as a golf instructor. They also need some younger writers. I like the Johnny Miller section though.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

GOLF Magazine is great IMO. I haven't read GOLF Digest in a while, but GOLF Magazine is a great magazine, a lot of tips, etc. some interesting articles. I like it a lot.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I get a free subscription of GD at my club, so it's all I ever read. I enjoy it.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...
Golf Digest does have the club testing, but for some reason I like Golf Magazine better.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

• 2 weeks later...
I get both. I do like both of them about the same. The major plus to Golf Magazine is Sidespin by David Feherty... I almost always bust out laughing after reading it... Heck, it's almost worth the subscription price for that column alone.

Favorite Feherty paraphrased quote, "After the second week of April, I have to get my Buttocks surgically unclenched".

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Note: This thread is 5766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!