Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Has anyone seen this, Ebay, Golf with Bubba Watson in the 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open

3 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That's really cool. Good for them to offer all that and give 100% to charity.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Worldwide Golf Handicap System to Debut in 2018
      As mentioned, I imagine that if not enough scores are returned, the rating for that day will simply be the assigned, measured rating. They're not going to take three scores and assume the course played seven strokes tougher that day because they were all bad scores. You don't have to attempt to see it, you just have to look at the system we use in the U.S. right now. Every time you play golf, you can turn in a handicap so long as you play 7 or 13 holes and follow the Rules of Golf.
    • Longest Drive of 2015
      Funny, my longest drive of the year was yesterday in 45°F weather with a cold ball.    Didn't overswing ... just caught it pure - went high, long & straight - could tell hit it perfect on the sweet spot of the club face.    It was wet with no rollout ... 275 ... that's all I have in the tank.  
    • What part of you is sore after a good round of golf? (and why?)
      forearms, wrists & especially shoulders from trying to rotate through on the finish .. next morning it will be the lower back.
    • What Climate Wars Did To Science
      Since an international Climate Conference is heating up, why not an update? The NY Times has a simple Q&A on climate change. Here are 2 of the 12 questions in plain language. See the remainder:
    • Interesting company on Friday's round and an etiquette lesson
      Good morning fellow TST members.  How is everyone today?  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend and had the opportunity to play some good golf. Friday morning I went golfing as a single player and got paired up with two other gentleman, a son and father.  It was a very busy course and I was not the only one to think of heading out on Black Friday to play golf instead of fighting with the masses over discounted materials.  On the first tee the son hit good distance but was left hand side, the father hit average also left hand side.  I teed off last with them already in their cart and knocked a good one out there straight.  My second shot I duffed straight about 80 yards on the ground but so did they.  I put my ball on the green about 20-25 feet away and drained a putt to save par.  They got bogey and double bogey or both got double bogey I can't remember. At the second hole they were ahead of us and got out the cart and the son immediately teed up his ball to hit, I am not a stickler on etiquette, especially considering I am there to have a good time and being that I am paired up with them I didn't say anything.  We play the hole out and come up to a par three.  The father hits and makes the green pin high about 10 feet away, I hit and make the green (kidney shaped green) about 25 feet away.  The son's ball landed in the curved rough part of the kidney shaped green but much closer to the hole than I was.  The dad walked up to hold the stick, the son looks at his ball and is not even ready and looks at me as he is standing in front of the ball between the pin and crouched down.  I thought I was okay to putt and did so, laying up decently.  The kid then plays his chip on.  We finish out the hole and the son (lower 30s in age) kindly pulls me aside and tells me "Hey, I want you to know that I don't mind but so you know in the future you never, ever putt until all players are on the green...etc., etc....."  He then goes on and on about it in a polite way, trying to instruct me in the courtesies of the game.  I found it to become a bit overbearing but I understand it was in the spirit of good faith and sportsmanship and helping a newbie player out with the intricacies of the game.  Hey, when a guy who says he grew up on a country club gives you an etiquette tip and is helping you out, you should pay attention, and you should appreciate it.  Some time later on the back nine his father did the same thing and he didn't say a word about it. (As an odd side note on Saturday night as I was watching the Australian Open that exact same scenario came up and a player putted before another chipped on, and the announcers made mention of it.  So is it a breach of etiquette in a friendly round to have done what I did?)   The thing that I found the most interesting however was that this person, apparently a player of the traditional courtesies and gestures of golf didn't ever stay on the tee box until all players teed off.  He didn't give honors where honors were due to the person scoring the lowest score on previous hole, AND, to top it all off, this person eventually wound up hitting into a group still off to the side of the green about two holes later.  We called out fore when it hooked and landed near them.   Lo and behold we did get a visit by a marshall for his action (the group ahead did overreact a bit and they lied and said we/he had hit into them numerous times, which was not true).  Afterwards this persons game rapidly devolved, he was angry and not able to control his emotions.  I felt bad for him because we were out there to enjoy ourselves and he let that get in the way of a good time.   I said something to him on the next tee box (maybe I should not have) that we were out there to have a good time and not to let it get to them.  F them in fact!  Well by the 13th tee or so, our country club raised champion was not even playing what I would call golf.  Took a mulligan for an errant tee shot.  Didn't like his second shot (fourth) from where it was, dropped another ball and hit.  He did this a number of times.  On one hole he hit into a fairway bunker, his second shot out of it caught the lip, ball rolled back a bit and he just dropped a ball where he stood, struck it to the same effect.  Picked up his balls and didn't play the hole out.  This happened several times, and on the last hole when his second drive also went OB he picked up and didn't even finish the hole.   After the etiquette pep talk he gave me as well as his country club bred credentials I would have expected more, but that day he let a few things ruin his day.  Lesson to be had:  If you are playing a $37 dollar course, lighten up, and never, ever, ever, ever hit into a group ahead of you because it can ruin your whole day.   I really enjoyed playing with the dad and would play again with him if ever saw him.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. sirhacksalot
      (33 years old)
  • Blog Entries