IGNORED

No roll on my new driver

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To the OP: You should've gotten fitted when you bought the driver. Go with the straighter combo. Your Taylormade is probably like a 13 degree when measured and you probably could take off more spin from technique than changing equipment. Also, which college do you play for? The only reason I ask is because in another thread you said you managed to go from a complete beginner to where you are in 3 months. I have a lot easier time believing you hit the ball that far some of the time than believing you got to a legit 12 in 3 months though. I guess the coaches there are superb and I'm going straight over there.  Being able to carry the ball 290 is a gift, that's like getting a supermodel girlfriend and wanting her to be a genius and a great caddy, too.

Did the OP really go from beginner to 12 in 3 months? I have been seriously playing for a year, but hacked (with 20 lessons) around golf courses for almost 4 years. I still feel like a novice after playing over 75 full rounds. Maybe, it's because I make a complete revolutionary change in my swing every year. Even considering that I hit 200 plus balls every day and at least one round a week, I am only just starting to get comfortable playing. Is this more or less average? Or am I just really bad at the game, and need much more effort to play well? Also, I was wondering if other golfers also play when they are sore and tired? Or do you wait until your body completely heals before going on a round? Part of the reason why I can't swing aggressively, is because every muscle in my body is in a constant state of soreness (from swinging 200 balls every day). Is this the way other people serious about improving play? I felt good that I got 5 pars in the front 9 last week, and am just starting to understand the swing fundamentals after 30,000 plus swings? Maybe I need 100,000 swings to "get it". This is the toughest game I have ever played. BTW, I have seen the supermodel type girlfriends taking swing shots for some pretty dorky looking golfers in expensive looking clothes. But maybe, I'm just jealous.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Roll out has a lot to do with fairway conditions. As for how you can tell the ball didn't roll out from 290 out, a lot of times I can see my plug mark within a few feet of my ball when I get to it. Nobody's saying they can see it from the tee...

Colin P.

Roll out has a lot to do with fairway conditions. As for how you can tell the ball didn't roll out from 290 out, a lot of times I can see my plug mark within a few feet of my ball when I get to it. Nobody's saying they can see it from the tee...

Your fairways must be pretty nice. The ones I play, it would be difficult to see anything. Maybe it will take time for me to learn to read the grass?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by jclark

I could care less what anyone's user names are. If you don't like it, don't read it. It is a free country and you can name yourself whatever you want. I don't think his name is offensive at all. This is a pretty petty complaint.

This says a fair bit about you.

And the infuriatingly stupid "could care less" makes it even worse

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

This says a fair bit about you. And the infuriatingly stupid "could care less" makes it even worse

And your constant attacks say a fair bit about you.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by Lihu

Your fairways must be pretty nice. The ones I play, it would be difficult to see anything. Maybe it will take time for me to learn to read the grass?

no, theyre just pretty soft.  the ball plugs, pops out, and comes to a stop within a yard of where it landed.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

And your constant attacks say a fair bit about you.

I notice your avatar and tagline.

A real man. Killing animals for fun. But..as long as you do it properly and eat the animal I can live with it.

But you jump to the defence of another member who makes a joke out of animal cruelty.THat is not cool.

I notice your avatar and tagline. A real man. Killing animals for fun. But..as long as you do it properly and eat the animal I can live with it. But you jump to the defence of another member who makes a joke out of animal cruelty.THat is not cool.

I do eat them. It helps feed my family. The tag line is more about how long the winter seems when I am ready for golf. I guess I did not really take it as animal cruelty. Who could even get close enough to punch seals anyway? It seems more strange than cruel to animals.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I do eat them. It helps feed my family.

The tag line is more about how long the winter seems when I am ready for golf.

Fair enough. No harm, no foul. :-)

In the words of a Wedding Crasher.... lock it up. This thread is beat down worse than Rihanna after Chris Brown caught the clap.

• Upvote 1

This says a fair bit about you. And the infuriatingly stupid "could care less" makes it even worse

This forum is about golf not a pedestal to preach your personal rights. I'm sorry my poor grammar and another's name angers you so much.

- Jered

Also, I was wondering if other golfers also play when they are sore and tired? Or do you wait until your body completely heals before going on a round? .

I'm 54, arthritic, and spent 20 years walking long distances with heavy weights on my back or bouncing around the inside of an armored vehicle. If I waited for a relatively pain free day to play, I doubt that I'd ever get to swing a club! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

no, theyre just pretty soft.  the ball plugs, pops out, and comes to a stop within a yard of where it landed.

Nice.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I'm 54, arthritic, and spent 20 years walking long distances with heavy weights on my back or bouncing around the inside of an armored vehicle. If I waited for a relatively pain free day to play, I doubt that I'd ever get to swing a club! ;-)

Good to know that I'm not the only one. I still have hope. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yes; Ian Woosnam.  Thanks!

Some more short or average height, long-short hitting, professional golfers, majors champions:

Lee Trevino, Gene Sarazen, Gene Littler, Byron Nelson, Curtis Strange, Bobby Locke, Peter Thomson,

Tom Watson, Johnny Miller, Tony Lema, Tony Jacklin, David Graham, Billy Casper, Hubert Green, ...

How tall was Sam Snead?  [My guess, 5'9" to 5'10" max].

Thanks, Bill W

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!