IGNORED

Prove Your Drives- GPS

muttbag
Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As a relatively new golfer, the three most importand shots are the drive, chip and putt. I think once I get a good swing, the approach shots will be more important. So, distamce is important now.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the obsession with driving distance? Why do so many of you need to prove something/anything?

Further more, why does taylormade have so much money.....

I love hitting long drives. My long drives are 287 on average. The ones I crush and measure. They look 300 off the tee but stop at 287. Occasionally 290's but rarer. I don't think I have clicked off a 300 yard drive in a year or better.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

As a relatively new golfer, the three most importand shots are the drive, chip and putt. I think once I get a good swing, the approach shots will be more important. So, distamce is important now.

This is where we fail to realize, every time we swing the club, it's a stroke. So, each swing is equally important. A great drive followed by, in your opinion, an unimportant duffed approach shot, is useless!

• 2 weeks later...

This is where we fail to realize, every time we swing the club, it's a stroke. So, each swing is equally important. A great drive followed by, in your opinion, an unimportant duffed approach shot, is useless!

Yeah, a duffed approach shot would be pretty useless.

What I meant to say was that if my approach shot does not get me GIR, then the chips get me on and allow me to score a bogie or par depending upon how close the chip gets me. Later on, when I am a better player (optimistically) I can get more GIR by hitting better approach shots.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Exactly. Funny thing is that whatever we don't do well (or aren't doing well at the time) seems like the most important thing and it is .

I was playing with two golf pros yesterday and one of them is deadly with approach shots and accurate with tee shots but doesn't putt exceptionally well and isn't very long off of the tee. He thinks those two things are the most important (and they are for him).

The other one is pretty long and a really good putter but not as consistently accurate with either approach shots or tee shots so he thinks accuracy is the most important (and it is for him).

I was longer than either one of them and (at least yesterday) was more accurate off of the tee than the second one and better at up and downs than either one of them but I was absolutely awful with short iron approach shots, so approach shots were by far the most important thing for me.

I could probably beat either one of them if I hit my approach shots as well as they do but even a good short game can only hold up for so long against people that are hitting greens.

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!