IGNORED

TST NorCal Golfers Outing

RPMPIRE
Note: This thread is 3528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No course/region has been settled on as of this moment.  I think we're starting with the date first.

For the people that have already said the weekend of the 18th/19th is good (I'd prefer to call it the 18th if there are no objections), what courses would you be open to?

I like the idea of Poppy Ridge, but have no other recommendations as I've played no courses out near the bay.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

If it's poppy ridge then will ncga members be able to pass on a discount as well to guests? I'm a member and who else is?

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

If it's poppy ridge then will ncga members be able to pass on a discount as well to guests? I'm a member and who else is?

Well as of 1/1/14 I don't think I'm a member anymore.  I belong to a country club now.  Are NGCA memberships customarily included in dues fees?

Well as of 1/1/14 I don't think I'm a member anymore.  I belong to a country club now.  Are NGCA memberships customarily included in dues fees?

My brother and dad belong to a country club in NorCal and they both belong to ncga, so I'm gonna say yes. But I don't know for sure if it's the same everywhere. Edit: Couldnt find you on ncga.org so maybe you're right.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I paid mine separate so you may want to check it out, actually go on NCGA's website and enter your ghin, I would think if your paid then it will show your info.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Member Login

Sorry but we could not log you in due to one of the following reasons:

- The GHIN number and last name entered do not match

-- OR --

- You are not currently an active NCGA member

:cry:

No course/region has been settled on as of this moment.  I think we're starting with the date first.

For the people that have already said the weekend of the 18th/19th is good (I'd prefer to call it the 18th if there are no objections), what courses would you be open to?

I like the idea of Poppy Ridge, but have no other recommendations as I've played no courses out near the bay.

Poppy Ridge works for me.

I like Poppy Ridge as well. I would check your course here if it's under NCGA. Just put in your city or zip code and check if it's listed. http://www.ncga.org/course-directory/?page_id=60

So right now, we currently have six people. Still looking for two more to make at least two groups.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I like Poppy Ridge as well. I would check your course here if it's under NCGA. Just put in your city or zip code and check if it's listed. http://www.ncga.org/course-directory/?page_id=60

So right now, we currently have six people. Still looking for two more to make at least two groups.

My course is listed there (North Ridge CC), but it's not in orange as a "member advantage course."

Just talked to Poppy Ridge and the answer was a no, Golf now is probably the best deal.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Just talked to Poppy Ridge and the answer was a no, Golf now is probably the best deal.

Golfnow rates probably won't be up for another couple of weeks for that weekend, but currently, the rate for NCGA members $74 and General green fees are $90 - both if we book 7+ days in advance.

Best Regards,
Ryan

:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

I'm okay with Poppy Ridge but the only thing is this course has no trees hardly which means wind. Also I would feel bad if I was the only one who got a discount so I thought I would throw a few other suggestions.

Paradise Valley/Ranch Solano

http://www.fairfieldgolf.com/sites/courses/template.asp?id=1406&page;=88169

Hiddenbrooke

http://www.hiddenbrookegolf.com/index.php

Chardonnay

http://www.chardonnaygolfclub.com/

Eagle Vines

http://www.eaglevinesgolfclub.com/

Canyon Lakes

http://www.canyonlakesgolfclub.com/

I have played at all these courses with the exception of Eagle Vines and it looks very nice, Paradise Valley was the prettiest of them because even though it's not very old they kept all the old oak trees there so it looks like an established course, Rancho Solano has some of the largest greens I have ever seen and is in a very nice setting, Hiddenbrooke is very nice, they used it for an LPGA event , Chardonnay is very nice and is similar to Poppy Ridge since it's surrounded by vineyards and is also a 27 hole facility, Canyon Lakes is probably the least expensive but is surrounded by housing but may be logistically the best.

Anyways thought I would just throw out some food for thought and even if we stick with Poppy which I am totally okay with, these may be some options for next year, by then Poppy Hills will be back.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Wente in Livermore is also a really great course. They used to host a Nationwide event there a few years ago. It is a Greg Norman design.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wente in Livermore is also a really great course. They used to host a Nationwide event there a few years ago. It is a Greg Norman design.

I've only played Wente once and agree that it should be on the list of courses to hold outings. The weekend rate is pretty high, though.

So far, we're still at six guys. If you have any buddies that wish to join, by all means, we're very much open to that. We need to get everything finalized by the end of this week.

Best Regards,
Ryan

I've only played Wente once and agree that it should be on the list of courses to hold outings. The weekend rate is pretty high, though.

So far, we're still at six guys. If you have any buddies that wish to join, by all means, we're very much open to that. We need to get everything finalized by the end of this week

I agree Wente is very nice according to people I know who have played there, however I think the rates there are a little on the steep side ($120.00 golf now). The socal guys look as though $80.00 is what they are paying unless they found a deal. I think we should try and stay as close to the same rate as possible.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Okay so we're just over a week away from our outing. I checked Poppy Ridge and we can now book a 7+ day advance booking for $90 with cart, but it would have to be booked by tomorrow. So far, the day is still wide open for tee times. I'm thinking a morning tee time between 8:00 and 9:00.

I also want to confirm the members who will be going.

@bplewis24

@mchepp

@flopster

@RonTheSavage

@Rock26

I'm still hoping for two more people to join in.

Best Regards,
Ryan

Wife just reminded me that we'll be out of town for a friends bday party that weekend. Im pretty bummed im sure you guys are gonna have a blast.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!