IGNORED

Backswing or Impact - Delusional Thoughts on Why its a No-Brainer

Everthing Golf
Note: This thread is 3841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've always understood that you don't really want to have the feel of hitting the ball, ie, impact, but rather making a good swing that the ball just happens to get in the way of.  Impact takes what?  A thousandth of a second?  A ten thousandth?  How can the human body control that?

Basically yes.  Impact is just a position in the swing and I think some almost try to differentiate the two.  "Doens't matter if you have a bad swing, only impact matter".

Again debatable. I personally think the thousandth of a second is easier to control than the thousands of things that are happening during the two second swing.

I get you're trying to make a exaggerate by saying that people are consciously trying to do "thousands of things" but there is no way you are controlling anything at impact.  The last chance you have to change anything would happen around when the left arm is parallel to the ground on the downswing.  Things are happening too fast.

OK

So in your opinion is this a good or bad address position?

Or check out this old guy...

He makes address and impact look similar.

Oh yeah def the Patrick background

Or check out this old guy...

He makes address and impact look similar.

And just a few posts ago you said this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everthing Golf

And that's just plain silly because addressing the ball identically to impact is, well, dumb.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I get you're trying to make a exaggerate by saying that people are consciously trying to do "thousands of things" but there is no way you are controlling anything at impact.  The last chance you have to change anything would happen around when the left arm is parallel to the ground on the downswing.  Things are happening too fast.

True, but who said anything about trying to change anything. I try to establish impact conditions at address and return to the ball in the downswing with similar conditions. Its not brain science.

So in your opinion is this a good or bad address position?

IMO the 25 handicapper in this picture could adopt a better start position but he has at least returned to impact with very similar conditions.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Oh yeah def the Patrick background

At least I almost got to page 4 this time. I know my time is almost up but at least I behaved myself and started a decent discussion.

For what its worth. The site's a gem but you do tend to pick on the newbie a little.

[QUOTE name="mvmac" url="/t/70606/back-swing-or-impact-its-a-no-brainer/54#post_910254"] And just a few posts ago you said this Quote: [QUOTE name="Everthing Golf" url="http://thesandtrap.com/t/70606/back-swing-or-impact-its-a-no-brainer/18#post_910019"]   And that's just plain silly because addressing the ball identically to impact is, well, dumb. [/QUOTE][/QUOTE] Hey Mike, you're mixing up similar and identical again. Don't be misquoting me, please.

Just put my two bob the swing is not static or full of positions, this is a new way of teaching. I just think it's not good . Good impact occurs because your swing on plane and going through the ball properly with a good release of body and hands . Does anyone ever stop at impact? There's only two positions in golf your address and finish the rest is moving.

Pros flush the ball by accelerating to their finish not to impact!

Not so much (in Borat's voice). Most pros actually begin to decelerate right after impact... some even decelerate their hips and body before impact, by decelerate I mean that some stop the rotation of their hips before impact. If you want to see "accelerating to their finish" then watch the long drive guys.

Pros flush the ball by accelerating to their finish not to impact!

Wrong, Pros accelerate the clubhead to a point just before impact. Go search for the thread about accelerating thru impact, and become enlightened.

Now back to the OP's topic please.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!