IGNORED

Clubs you bought on the spot

LSeca
Note: This thread is 6076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have any of you ever bought a club you had not even considered before hitting it, but hit it so well you had to buy it?

I recently bought two Rapture hybrids after hitting them so well. Funny thing, I had never considered them and actually was hoping to buy something from another brand. I demoed several outside, but clearly (and unfortunately most expensive) the Raptures were best for me.

907D2 10.5*
F60 15*
Rapture 18, 21 hybrids
S58 5-PW
Tour 52, 56, 60 degree wedges Newport 2.5 TP Black Edge bag

I bought my vokey on the spot. Never hit it, or anything. Read the reviews and got a great price so I picked it up. I've used it a few times now, and although I'm not chipping in from 50 yards on every hole like GitRdone does, it still has worked out nicely, especially on those 10-20 yard flop shots over bunkers or w/e. Out of curiosity what do rapture hybrids go for?

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Bought my driver and 53 and 56 wedges on the spot. Without ever hitting them once.

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

Out of curiosity what do rapture hybrids go for?

I bought the 18 and 21 degree, Ping-labeled graphite shaft in stiff flex.

I was actually planning on buying the Titleist 585h or the new G10 hybrid but bought the Rapture on a whim after seeing the ball flight. I hit them so well this is almost like cheating, but I almost didn't even try them as they have a lot of game improvement offset and technology. I guess I need that stuff!

907D2 10.5*
F60 15*
Rapture 18, 21 hybrids
S58 5-PW

Cleveland CG4 Tour Concepts (c) tour only from van tech/rep.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Cleveland CG4 Tour Concepts (c) tour only from van tech/rep.

Interesting, were you considering new irons before or were they a spur of the moment purchase (like my experience)?

907D2 10.5*
F60 15*
Rapture 18, 21 hybrids
S58 5-PW

Interesting, were you considering new irons before or were they a spur of the moment purchase (like my experience)?

I had been toying around with idea of new irons, since coming back from a 5 yr layoff a while back, but not seriously considering doing anything about it. My Titty 962(96 ver) where as sharp as ever. Then one saturday i see this cleveland tent at my range. The tech showed me these cg4 tour only models and after some professional tweaking i was sold on those

, man that was a great set. A few months later my curiosity got the best of me and I really dialed into the clubs that are meant for me.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I bought my TM R7 460 online used obviously without ever hitting it.
I test hit the Cleveland Halo 3 iron before I bought it but not the 4 iron.
Gap wedge & Lob wedge were also bought without having been hit by me.

Bought my Ping Craz-E putter on the spot. I dont think it was the best..the putter is not much better than much cheaper putters in my opinion.
This time i want to buy a mizuno raw haze wedge so i am thinking more about the pros and cons and the prize and such
In The Bag
Driver:............. Sasquatch sumo2
Woods:.......... Ignite
Irons: ......... CG Gold
wedges:.. . vokey SM 60.04, 56.10 Oil-Can and Cg12 52.10 Putter:..... Craz-EBall:.... pro v1 and HX hotA young low budget...

I bought my Adams 3hybrid online before I even hit it. I hate it and only use my 3 iron now.
I went to my local Golf shop and was looking for a 3 wood. After 2 weeks of trying clubs I walked out of there with my Ben Hogan 3 wood. It's my favorite club since I've bought it.

I bought my Nike Sumo after just a couple test hits. I'm glad i did too.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Actually just bought a Scotty Cameron about six hours ago on the spot Probably not the smartest purchase of my life, but never saw a price this low on new one, so I had to do it. Ramon noodles and I will become very good friends the next couple of weeks

The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

I ordered my vokeys on the spot without testing, but had heard great reviews on them. I luv them now. I also ordered a Titleist 585. H today without testing, but have tried EVERY other hybrid on hooked them.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I bought my hybrid on the spot w/o hitting it, only because it was $40 used and in great shape. I figured if i didn't like it i could sell it on ebay for at least that.

I'm also thinking about getting some nike ignite irons w/o hitting them. Guess I need to see if Edwin Watts has some I can try before buying them.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

I bought my Sonartec MD 19* on the spot a week or two after the 04 Open. I saw various displays of it's versatility when T.Hamilton was knocking em dead from the fairway and in and around the greens. I just had to have one! The only clubs I've ever bought with out prior testing or research. But, I am seriously considering picking up a 585.h it looks and more importantly, flies soo pure

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

I bought my Nicklaus CGX irons a few years back with no intention of buying them. I was there to hit cobras and slingshots. But I wasnt all that impressed with their feel after I hit them, so the salesman suggested I hit the Nicklaus irons.

Well to make a short story shorter, I was amazed with their feel. And was sold. Took them home and they have treated me well since.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

ya my 695mb and sccoty putter, 585h and just love them im just a titleist guy i have always been for some reason i just go back to titleist i like the square look. after i have bought these clubs yes i have gone out to check other to see if they work better for me and in my case i have made the right choice i hit them better and feel better. i just cant go wrong w/ them i normally dont do this before i bought these clubs i did go and hit other but not titleist. i guess im very picky it takes me like a whole month to make a choice and yes ill be at the pro shop atleast twice a week for i make a selection

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

Note: This thread is 6076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!